Ocean View Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Georgian Hotel(Santa Monica)
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
Hotel Carmel(Santa Monica)
  • Pool
Ocean Lodge Hotel(Santa Monica)
  • Beachfront
Sea Blue Hotel(Santa Monica)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat locationthe santa monica pierfront deskprivate balconyrestaurants and barsshort walkawesome hotelvalet parkingboutique hotelspecial thanksroom was clean and comfortablestreet promenadecleaning staffgreat shoppingwould definitely stay here againearly checkmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights. The rooms are of an ok size. There is limited wardrobe space and the door to the room for some reason open outwards which is a little odd. The overall room though is very comfortable and has all the usual amenities you would expect.

It is very well located and has on site valet which is a little pricey at $38 a night plus taxes.

It is a nice hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Bryan L, Manager at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Mitch I, thank you for taking the time to review us and provide us your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel overall. We appreciate the 4 star rating.

Bryan L.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

All of the staff members were exceptionally courteous and helpful. However, the hotel was lacking the little things. Daylight savings time had occurred three nights before our arrival and the clock was still wrong. We stayed there for three days and the ice machine on our floor was never fixed. For that same three days one of the two elevators did not work as it was “being repaired”. For that same 3 days the toilet paper holder was broken. The shower was one of the worst ever. I am all in favor of a “green“ hotel. However, the pressure in the showerhead was less than a spray bottle. When you combine the weak water pressure with the “rain shower” head coming down vertically from the ceiling you end up with a pretty miserable shower experience. The bed and pillows were quite comfortable. Wish we could say the same about the furnishings. The upholstered chair as well as the desk chair were quite uncomfortable. On the plus side, you can’t beat the location.

Room Tip: Request Ocean "front" (not "view") room
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John B

Good afternoon John B, thank you again for your time to provide us a review here and on our guest survey. I have responded more in detail on the survey to your feedback. Thank you again for your time.

Bryan L

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My girlfriends and I were on a road trip from San Francisco down the coast and luckily we chose Ocean View Hotel as our final destination in Los Angeles for 2 nights. We had a great experience at an amazing price. The rooms were nice and cozy even though we chose a courtyard view it didn’t really matter to us because we barely stayed in our room but when we did it was al we needed. The amenities were fabulous. The toiletries were just fine and the sitting area in the lobby was charming. Joy our front desk agent was indeed a joy. She had such a wonderful personality and engaged with us by asking questions regarding recommendations and she knew each one of names which was such a refreshing feeling as we passed her in the lobby. I think it’s an amazing skill to have such a fantastic memory. We were really impressed with her attention to detail.
The location of the hotel is tops. Everything you need is within reach. The Santa Monica pier is just minutes away, and the beach is right in front of you as well. It’s just a short walk but it’s close enough.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. I also would definitely pay a visit again and stay at this hotel. Maybe I’ll upgrade for an ocean view since I am sure it will be worth it. Valet was a bit pricey but when you have pleasant staff taking care of you like James you don’t care. I didn’t care in the end. It was $38.50/ night but I’m sure it’s standard at every hotel on the beach. Thank you Ocean View Hotel staff for making our experience a 5 star experience for us. I will be back!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Happy Easter Debbie L, THANK YOU for such an awesome 5 star review, we really appreciate your valuable feedback. I am so happy to hear you and friends thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and the staff in particular Joy. She has been with us 23 years!! We love her and so do the guests. Thank you for recognizing her by name as we do have an incentive for our employees who are mentioned by name. I ll pass on your praise to Joy. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Bryan L.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I spent 2 nights here with 2 children and my boyfriend so we could enjoy the beach and pier. We had previously stayed at The Georgian and also the Renaissance during prior vacations. Room was clean and comfortable. My only complaints were the beds were very small (full size) and the balcony was teeny tiny. Service at the front desk was low key and accommodating. The location of this hotel is perfect! Right adjacent to the beach and promenade. We appreciated the freshly baked cookies at the front desk as well as the Keurig coffee maker in the lobby. We would stay here again, and I did find it comparable to the Georgian though the decor is not as grand and there is no restaurant. Plenty of restaurants very close by so this wasn’t an issue at all!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Good afternoon Julie B, thank you taking the time to rate us and provide us with a 4 star rating. We appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear you and your family enjoyed the hotel and the location. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future when your travels bring you back to Santa Monica!

Kind regards,

Bryan L

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Our stay was rather disappointing in this extremely overpriced hotel. Parking was $40 per night (with in and out privileges, but that comes with tipping each time in and then out). We had a guest joining us and asked if they could park in the lot and it was "yes, $10", this was at 4:30. When we came down from our room at 5:30 to pay for the parking, it had now jumped to $15 ! Why? The availability of spaces we were told. Really???? Upon our arrival at 3:20 pm (after driving California highways for about 2 1/2 hours) we were told that our room was not ready and could only be accessed at 4:00. Again, Really???? This is truly the only hotel I have been to in many years that did not have a guest room ready significantly earlier than the "check in time". We were exhausted and wanted to freshen up but had no choice. Although we were given access to the first floor toilet facilities, there were no towels to dry our face and no toilet paper !!! We told the front desk staff and they had to call to get someone to deliver it. That took 10 minutes. Once we went to our room we found it rather musty. The view was lovely out over the ocean but the balcony was very small. It was difficult for both of us to be out on it along with the two chairs and small table. Not extremely comfortable. The bathroom was pretty but the shower water stream was VERY weak, the visible galvanized pipes under the sink unattractive and the painted door jam inside the bathroom was dirty and fingerprinted, poor cleaning job. We had pre-paid for the room, or so we thought. We checked out and found an additional $65 dollars tacked onto our bill - these were for all sorts of taxes and fees. What a sham !!! Definitely not worth the money, especially as there are no facilities anywhere on the property. I"ll be out in Santa Monica in June but will NOT stay here nor will I suggest it as the hotel for the 15 people I will be travelling with. Sorry, but there must be better places to stay than this.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank jacki d
Jessica O, Rooms Operation Supervisor at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Good afternoon, foremost I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us to help us understand how we may take the right action to turn around this upsetting situation. Understanding you experienced such an unpleasant stay with us, I want to express my sincere apology and ensure you that I am at your entire disposal to assist you in making the situation right for you. I genuinely understand your discontentment with your overall stay and I ensure you that I will do my utmost to resolve this matter with you. That being said, allow me to reach out to you on your yahoo.com email address to better assist you. In the meantime, once again I thank you for your valuable feedback and reiterate my sincere apology on behalf of all out team at Ocean View Hotel. Rest assure that I shall remain at your entire disposal for any further assistance. Sincerely,