Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$297
The Ambrose(Santa Monica)
US$368
US$329
  • Breakfast included
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$259
US$315
US$246
Priceline
  • Pool
Rest Haven Motel(Santa Monica)
US$150
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$176/night.

2,623 results
All reviewsfig restaurantfig treeocean towerbungalow barlobby loungestreet promenadebeautiful propertyconcierge deskcar servicevenice beachturn down servicebeverly hillshotel in santa monicavalet stafflos angelesocean frontvalet parking
Reviewed 22 March 2018

I was not aware I would pay $900.00 over the 6K for two nights in room taxes and assessment. This was never mentioned when booking the reservation. It was not worth the price. It rained the entire time and there were no amenities that compensated for it. In fact, the pool bartender and concierge on the premises at the time, not Josh Schaeffer (who was impeccable) were impolite and not willing to do their job. It was disappointing considering the reputation that precedes the hotel. It is one weekend, 7K, and a birthday I will never get back again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
joshuaschaeffer, Director of Guest Services at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Greetings AnthonyHanahan,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor Community. I was really sad reading this review as you and I had been in constant communication throughout your stay and you never mentioned any of this. While I appreciate the kind words about myself, I will definitely follow up with our other staff members you listed to ensure this does not happen again. As for the $900 over the $6,000 you paid - we unfortunately do not have any control over the tax rates. I will be contacting you directly to see what we can do to make this better for you.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I was there for the 2018 LA Marathon and there is no better place to stay. The finish line is literally right next to it. If your room is on the north side of the hotel tower you actually have a brilliant view of the finish line.

Staff is cordial, friendly and the actual property which takes up what seems like a whole city block is a great escape from LA’s busy streets. The Fig restaurant is very good but extremely expensive and the Bungalow bar is a major hot spot. If you want to see and be seen this is your spot in Santa Monica.

Having been a loyal Fairmont member for almost 20 years I have minimal expectations for my stay. I don't care if the elevator is too slow, or if the doorman didn't open the door for me etc. but there is some minimal expectations for every traveler.

Rooms: I had a renovated deluxe room. It was average or should I say typical at best. Not a complaint but cant say the rooms are exceptional. The bath products from Le Labo however are fantastic.

Things that disappointed me were a little more than I would have liked:

-Fairmont Fit workout gear only arrived once during my three day stay.
-They asked me what newspaper I would like and I only received it once.
- I was there for the marathon and the hotel knew I was as I had booked through a marathon group. So why they chose to put me in a room on the second floor overlooking the Bungalow bar/night club was beyond belief. Music blaring and people yelling and screaming till 2am. Seriously?
-I called the front desk and they offered to change my room the next day. Fine, thank you and you would think it would be done seamlessly. I didn't get my new room till 3:00 in the afternoon. Ever be packed and ready to move in the morning and be "homeless" for the whole day while you have paid top dollar to stay at the hotel? Not cool.
- I asked the GM to call me while I was there and I have yet to hear from him or her.

While it wasn't a smooth stay and frustrating at times, I'm not against staying here again. Its the perfect spot for the marathon or if you want to be close to Venice (Abbot Kinney), Malibu or the other beach cities. Also, if you are going to a Lakers or Kings game, instead of spending $50 on an Uber - take the Metro from the Santa Monica station which drops you 5 mins away from Staples Centre - it only costs $2.25!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Greetings sandysumra,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the TripAdvisor Community. I apologize for the mishaps that you experienced while staying with us. I am happy to provide your information to our General Manager if you would like to speak with him. Please contact me directly and I can assist with this. We hope to see you again really soon!

joshua.schaeffer@fairmont.com

Reviewed 21 March 2018

If you are in Santa Monica, as I was, I had to stop in, using the western entrance on Ocean Avenue. I had been to the pier and walking all day in the heat, I had to cool off—it was a very warm day, in the 90s. A brand new bellman handed me two bottles of water and I was thankful. I used to work in this hotel when it was a Sheraton—a long time ago. The renovation of the lobby and public areas several years ago has brought it up to a level of swank that belies none of the 1980s days of its pedestrian décor. The lobby is the ground level of the tower building (which was built in the late 1950s), and I’m afraid as each change is made, the history of it being developed by of one of the two founding fathers of Santa Monica is falling by the wayside. Every space was redesigned...the restaurant at the 2nd Street entrance, the leased offices (which once housed an American Airlines counter), two separate gift shops, the Stateroom Lounge (what happened to the b&w glossies of all the old-timey celebrities?), the fine dining restaurant, even the bathrooms...its all been redesigned. (The ground level services and shops were different even prior to my memories, so the only thing constant is change.) I sat for quite a while in the lobby area, cooling off. I scanned the height and width of the glossy breeze-blown lobby, watching people as they bustled to and fro. The lobby bar was doing a brisk business (I was too warm for alcohol or even soda) and the bell hops at the circle drive under the 128-year-old Moreton Bay Fig tree were, well, hopping busy. People were frolicking in the pool—I would have done so if I could have. It was a much different scene from my memories of back when—it was so surreal. It’s a special place, nevertheless. I purchased a couple of postcards at very small gift shop, they were vintage photos (not vintage postcards) and it surprised me the young clerk knew very little to nothing about any of the history, other than what showed in the photos. That was the start of a quick history lesson of the property and the old-time celebrities that frequented the (original) bungalows. Once someone learns more about a place, then you deepen your affinity for it--if it is a place like the Miramar. All the better to serve the guests…(Note...this is the place I will haunt when I'm gone! LoL)

Room Tip: If you get a room in Ocean Tower: South toward the pier, North toward Malibu
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Hello MeMeDaVinci,

Wow! What a great 5 star review! For anyone wanting to know a bit of history about our hotel, the above review is a perfect recap of some of our historic notes. We would love to see you again really soon so that you as well can be part of the history!

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Located on Ocean Ave above the famous California Incline, sits the Fairmont Miramar Hotel and Bungalows. The grounds, pool, multiple fire pits, and the views! This is a stunning property!!

After taking in the property I was expecting expensive food and drinks. To my surprise I stumbled across the best Happy Hour in Santa Monica (if not LA)!

I do recommend a reservation. The Fig opens at Five and there is usually a line ready for happy hour.

Fig at Five is a true happy hour, runs from 5-6 daily. YES daily!!

Fig at 5! Offers half price beer, wine and cocktails! Most of the food on the menu also 50% off.

My favorite is Eric's Stash! Cheese and Charcuterie! Thank you Eric!

If the wonderful drinks and food are not enough add the GREAT service!
Managers Danielle, Meredith and Jonathan made you feel comfortable and welcomed! The bar staff Emily, Reo, Drew and Carson were busy yet accommodating to the guest. Even the food runners as busy as they were would deliver food with a smile. I was impressed, they are awesome!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Troy H

Greetings Troy H,

Thank you so much for sharing this 5 star review with the TripAdvisor Community. Your review paints a perfect picture of what our beautiful hotel is all about. Come see us again soon, I will have some of Eric's Stash waiting for you!

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel and great staff in all areas, including the Fig restaurant. We were there for the Los Angeles marathon. It was chaotic but the staff handled everything superbly.

My only complaint was that upon check-in we were “upgraded” which sounds nice. However, we were given a room for the handicapped. It had a huge cavernous bathroom which (I know I’m in the minority) creeped me out. The bathtub had all the complicated apparatus which made showering just awkward. I just wish the check-in person would have explained what exactly the upgrade was.

Otherwise, it was a good stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello CALtraveler47,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. I apologize that our front desk staff did not explain the upgrade to you more clearly. I will be sure to work with our team to ensure any complimentary upgrades are better explained. We hope to see you again really soon.