“Santa Monica Sweet Spot”
Review of Lazy Daisy Cafe

Lazy Daisy Cafe
Ranked #204 of 726 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed 7 February 2017

This is one of my favorite weekday brunch places in LA, and I never fail to zip in for a delicious meal whenever I'm on the westside of town. The omelettes are generously made with a wide variety of fresh ingredients and served with very nice hand-cut rosemary potatoes, fresh fruit, and toast. A complimentary bowl of chips and salsa begins every meal (I believe this is true. They always bring me some.) The smoothies are delicious, and there are plenty of offerings for those who do not eat eggs. I am a coffee fanatic, hard to please in that area, but I love the espresso drinks here. Big bonus: the wait staff is SO NICE! They accommodate your every need with a smile. I almost hate to post a review because I love having Lazy Daisy to myself at brunch time, where I often sit for hours and do some work or reading. Oh, and two super-duper bonuses for LA: Parking is plentiful and free, and the prices, unlike the entire rest of the westside, are fairly modest for the quantity and quality.

Reviewed 24 December 2016

Corner of Pico and 23rd streets, this kitschy little Mexican cafe has great food served by charming wait staff. Good prices, great selection. Eat indoors or out, under roof.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

The Lazy Daisy Cafe is a wonderful little place, a true hidden gem. The service is fantastic, and they have a wide variety of foods. All day breakfast, amazing salads and a great kids menu all are amenities that the Lazy Daisy Cafe has to offer. The only downsides I saw was the severe lack of parking and a cramped seating area. Regardless, if you are in the area, the Lazy Daisy Cafe is a must!

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

We had seen the Lazy Daisy Cafe for years while passing by on Pico Blvd., so we finally stopped for lunch. Nice big covered patio seating area with about 24 tables. They only have a few inside tables. They are open for breakfast and lunch, but close at 4pm. They do have some off street parking and there is parking on Pico too. I had the high protein salad which was very good. Greens, tomatoes, tuna, chicken and hard boiled egg with balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Nice big size salad which was $12.95. Solid 4-star rating!

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

The Lazy Daisy Cafe is a cool little place that serves very good food. There is a lot of nice outdoor seating; shaded and sunny, as well as indoor space. The food is simple and prepared well. On this visit I had their signature omelette, and it was excellent! The service is very good too.