“Time passing it by”

Cricklewood
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Cricklewood is an eating and drinking place that opened in 1976. We serve aged, Black Angus beef and feature Sonoma county wines.
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

You can tell that this was a true fine dining place in years past. The facility is a little tired inside and out. The service was great. Friendly and engaging in the way it used to be everywhere. The waitress told us a large party was about to get there so she help move our orders through quickly to provide a great service level. She was great. The food was good but not great and very under seasoned. Some clientele probably prefers it that way. Overall the price was about right and the service was very good. Not enough to stand out and make it a repeat for me, but for an older crowd this may be a preferred place.

1  Thank Bob S

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I was there for the first time with friends. I enjoyed the atmosphere and we had a good waiter. I had the ribs which I enjoyed. Before the main course I had the lentil soup which I really enjoyed, would have liked to have had a second helping of the soup.It was a relaxing, comfortable place to eat.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I had the prime rib for dinner. It was good, but a bit over cooked for how I ordered it. Plus I prefer the au jus in a side cup not prepoured over the prime rib. This caused the au jus to soak into my baked potato. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was nice. The picture with this review shows the different ways they take payment. Lol

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Although it's claim to fame is Prime Rib, my experience is that their food is more akin to a coffee shop in quality. Too bad, it's got the cozy 'old haunt' environment of yesteryear, a nice fireplace in the bar etc. But food is 'average' at best.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

For years heard how great this place was. Last 2 visits think it is time for them to do a little renovation of the inside as well as the food. It is good, just not great. Had the ribeye of 14oz, 4oz of fat. Overall not bad. She had teriyaki chicken. Again ok. Service nice and sweet. With so many dining options may chose to maintain distance until some updating can be done. A lot of older clientele and maybe that's how they want it??