Best Western Plus Garden Inn
Sandman(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$144
Sandman Hotel
Hotel La Rose(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$179
Hyatt.com
Vintners Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$395
US$296
US$158
Courtyard Santa Rosa(Santa Rosa)
US$219
Courtyard
  • Pool
US$226
US$199
The Astro(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$178
Safari West(Santa Rosa)
US$375
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgarden areasmall cafeheated poolsingle storysanta rosa avenuebest westernsclose to downtownbusy streetstay there againroom was spaciouson site restaurantwine countryup to dateparking lotconvenient locationone night stayking bed
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Missed reservation due to losing home and auto to Hurricane Harvey - displaced from home for 4 weeks before I could move into an apartment. National reservation system did not send my cancellation reference to Best Western Garden Inn in Santa Rosa. They explained they were at full occupancy, yet the national new (ABC, CBS, NBC) reported evacuationnotices for Santa Rosa Ca. for the dates involved.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
donadidit44, General Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear James, I am sorry that you felt we did not care. We do care and have refunded you the full amount. We never received a cancellation for this reservation. We held this room for you. If we had showed that it was cancelled, we could have sold this to someone that really needed the room that was misplaced by the fire. Again you have been refunded, and we are sorry that you were evacuated by Hurricane Harvey.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I have two positive things to say:
The restaurant was very good.
The a/c unit was not working when we arrived. I reported it to the office and "Angel" replaced the unit.

NEGATIVES:
Donna Renterla, GM, is quite terse and lacks customer service skills. She put me on the defensive immediately when I was speaking to her about our reservation.
Our room's carpet was filthy.
The bathroom floor was filthy (picture attached).
The toilet would run constantly - I reported it and it was not fixed or not fixed appropriately where it would stop running.
The top cover sheets were stained.
The coffee service was not consistent: some days there were coffee cups, coffee, sugar, etc., other days - nothing
There were ants on the items by the coffee service, and in the bathroom (picture attached).
The entry door to the room was lacking weather stripping at the corner of the door - light and bugs were coming in through the opening.
Computer office: wanted to print our boarding passes. One computer did not work and the front office lady told me she didn't know how to work it The second computer's printer did not work either. NOTE: your front office staff should be trained on how to work the equipment in the computer room.

Room Tip: Ask for room in back of hotel that surround the pool - garden rooms
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Powerlifter, I just do not know where to start. You have many items that did not meet your expectations, I do see that you made this reservation through central reservation. I did not speak to you about your reservation, But I did tell Angel to replace the air conditioner, and I called you to let you know that we were replacing that. I do see that you were here for a week, If I had known there was so many problems, we could have moved you to another room. Again sorry for all the problems you had.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We were impressed with the appearance of this remodeled property. Great value for a comfortable stay. The hotel location was good, not far from the Santa Rosa railroad depot, fine restaurants and the walkable City Center.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2017

I have stayed at this hotel about 6 times in the last few months and I can't say enough about it, All of the rooms are excellent, quiet, clean, roomy and as a senior female traveling alone, I feel quite safe. The on site restaurant is perfect for me in the norming, the staff is always a joy and the food is wonderful. Because my trips to Santa Rosa are medical, I like that the motel is close to the office for me.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Over all property very comfortable. Older but clean. Large comfortable rooms with pleasant of space. Appropriate room amenities. Gave u the feeling as if staying in a small bungalow. Even has a restaurant on site. The food was good but restaurant service is very poor. I will stay there again because it was very comfortable but not eat there again unless restaurant service improves.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
donadidit44, General Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you Uncle Philvw. Sounds like you had a room in the garden area. I am you like the feeling that you are staying in a bungalow. Next time you return those rooms will be all changed out to the new furniture, and carpet. as well as new flooring. I am sorry about the service in the cafe, sounds like the day that someone called in sick, and we were short handed, I do hope that you try our cafe again.