“Don't get this place...Or the high reviews.”

Rosso Pizzeria & Wine Bar
Ranked #15 of 530 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
SC
“Don't get this place...Or the high reviews.”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The wait was extremely long. Understandable though because they were very busy. The hostess sat her boyfriend and his family(total of 4 people) before us, even though they came in 10-15 minutes after us. Music is awful. Maybe just me , but hip hop club music doesn't go well with a pizza joint. Our food took a bit longer than expected. A number of tables around us who were sat at the same time or after us, received their dinner before we got our salads. The food was tasty but nothing more than average. If we ever returned to Santa Rosa, we would not eat here again nor would I recomend it to anyone.

• Visited March 2012

Santa Rosa, California
“Why is this place rated so highly?”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I've been to Rosso 4 times now. This last time we had a very nice, efficient waiter. We ordered the Roasted Beet Salad, which was supposed to be topped with gorgonzola but it was smothered with GOAT cheese, which I hate. The taste was in my mouth all night. The menu is so limited you have to order by elimination "well, I don't like this, so I guess I'll have to get that". And the wine list is ultra-pricey and confusing, not a big selection of by the glass. One pizza, shared, one salad, shared & wine+ $ 78.00. Ouch. I know a lot of people love this place, but I just don't get it.

• Visited March 2012
Santa Rosa, California
“Excellent sophisticated thin-crust p[izza”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Pizzas are excellent, refined thin crust pizzas (Mary's, by contrast, are excellent American style pizzas.) Other items are interesting and usually very good.

Portland, Oregon
“Excellent pizza”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Love this place. Food is excellent. Usually order the pizza with a salad. Everything tastes great. Nice wine selection. During good weather it's fun to sit outside.

Visited September 2011
St. Helena, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a great place”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Really great place, super Pizza and great wine selection

Manfred Esser