“Very Nice Bar, good food.”
Review of Ranch and Reata Road House - CLOSED

Ranch and Reata Road House
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Edison Street
Transit: Bus stop 50 feet away.
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is a relaxed, friendly place for drinks and/or dinner. The happy hour prices are good and the Texas bartender was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Kobe style burger delicious with the best sweet potato fries I have tasted in a long time.Generous portions.
the Roadhouse Bloody Mary is fantastic-served with a huge slice of bacon,asparagus spear,whole pickled green bean,a pierced olive and a jumbo grilled shrimp-all in the glass!!Also tasted the truffled fries-wonderful!

Reviewed 29 June 2013

This was my first time at the Ranch and Reata Roadhouse in Santa Ynez. The atmosphere and bar there are amazing. The food was very good. I read the previous reviews and perhaps the new management finally got things straightened out? My friends shared a hamburger which they said was very good and they shared the mac and cheese which I tried that was very good also. I had the sirloin steak with a specialty sauce. I'm not a big sirloin fan usually but this one was really good, cooked perfectly, and the sauce was great. The vegetables were perfectly cooked, and I was very pleased with my meal. We also shared a deep fried cinnamon bun with ice cream for dessert. It was very good as well. There was enjoyable live country music being played by 2 musicians, and the bar scene looked cool. I'm happy to report that they seem to have gotten their food issues worked out, and the rest of the place is well worth a visit.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

We live in the area and have eaten here before several times. Lunch was better; dinner never good. This should be a glorified hamburger place complete with western decor and music. But instead it is pricey and terrible. Started with ordering 2 glasses of wine (waitress came back to tell us they were both out). BTW wine is about $12 a glass. We ordered more and it wasn't even as good as a $12 bottle! Husband ordered a hamburger... medium.... it was rare. I ordered half rack of ribs..... they were tough, did not fall off the bone, kinda pink and after a couple, I quit. Waitress never came back after serving us to see how anything was (we were outside because it was freezing inside and 80 outside). We told her that we wanted the place to be a success. It isn't and will probably not make it to the end of a year.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

There were eight people in our party and the reservation was at 1:30 p.m. on a Sunday afternoon of a special event weekend in the town of Santa Ynez. I had dined at this location on five previous occasions and was acquainted with the establishment's owner,promoter, and host,Bruce, a local radio personality. There were local rumors, however, that the restaurant was under new management and, if so, it certainly was apparent.

At the time of our seating, there were only three other tables that were occupied and the bar area was totally empty. Two of the other three tables had already been served. The waiter appeared and took drink orders. There were a couple of menu questions at which point the waiter advised that the restaurant had run out of salad and some menu items were no longer available. It appeared odd that a restaurant would run out of salad this early in the day and even so, there are supermarkets nearby. We ordered what we could within ten minutes of arrival. It took almost 50 minutes to be served, an especially long time considering that there was only one order ahead of us for a table of two people. When our food finally began to arrive, it came out in spurts. It began with two meals placed on the table. Then five minutes later, two more meals were brought to the table and about 10 minutes later, the remaining four meals arrived. This was obnoxious service, as the two meals that arrived almost 15 - 20 minutes earlier were now somewhat cool. During the time we were eating, two of the tables in the restaurant had emptied and two more tables had been occupied, yet the staff still did not have time to keep our beverage glasses full. At the end of the meal we waited about ten more minutes before our server returned to ask anyone if they wanted desert. He then read off four deserts that were available. Only one person ordered a desert, a strawberry shortcake, and five minutes later the server returned to say that the desert was no longer available. It was then changed to another item, which took 20 minutes to arrive. In all we spent nearly two hours in the restaurant.

I did not see Bruce during the time we were there and, in fact, if he has sold his interest, this might explain such poor service on the part of the new owners. We are saddened!