“Wonderful family run Mexican place.”
Review of La Cueva

La Cueva
Ranked #19 of 72 Restaurants in Saratoga
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This place is hopping, which is a good sign and shows that they have a lot of regulars. We went, just today, for lunch I had the most delicious chili rellano I’ve ever had, truly wonderful. My Latin companion had the tacos pastor and taco carne asada. The pastor was lean and tender. One of our new local favorites.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We stop by to have lunch at this restaurant a couple of times a month.... their food has great taste with very reasonable prices. Service is always attentive
The restaurant is nothing much to look at but it consistently serves great food.... it is what one might consider a "hole in the wall" place.
Love the chips and green salsa....
The Sea Bass Tacos are very good with great taste....
I have always enjoyed the Chicken and Rice soup... it has a little bit of a kick.
Their Chili Colorado is very good.
We have had the salads, burritos and taco plates... never have been disappointed.
We will return again and again...

Reviewed 22 January 2018

La Cueva is tucked away in a rather nondescript small shopping center in West San Jose/Saratoga. Its a true neighborhood gem. Seating capacity is a bit small but they have outslde seating that works very well in the Summer. The staff is friendly and effecient and the food comes to the table nice a hot every time. My "go to" menu item is the enchilada plate and it never disappoints. The sauces they use are so unique and tasty. They do a big "to go" business, so if its crowded, "to go" works great. Check this place out! I think you will be pleased.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

We wouldn't have noticed this restaurant if we weren't specifically looking for it as it is not easy to see from Prospect. Inside, the restaurant is rather small and a little worn out. You walk up to the counter and order and find a seat (inside or outside on their patio) or take out. The staff was very friendly. The food was very good! Good portion size and they give a small bag of nachos + salsa. The restaurant was busy. I'd return here again.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I have been going to the same mexican restaurant for years now, I like it a lot, obviously, but was trying to find a new place to try. I read the reviews which were good, not great, but hey, let's give it a try. First, the seating is very limited in this little hole in the wall. I was there on a Friday night at 7:00 and had to wait about 15 minutes for a table, not bad so far, but then it went downhill from there! The service was horrible! They brought a bowl of chips and a small salsa but no water. We kept trying to flag someone down and eventually got up and went to the counter asking for it. I ordered the steak fajitas, a medium size plate with the meat and trimmings and 2 tortillas. I have never had fajitas that were not on a skillet, but OK, but they were so salty, disappointing. It seemed all they cared to do was take your order, drop off the food, never to be seen again until the checked arrive. Alas, still searching!