Book now, pay at stay
US$462
US$429
  • Restaurant
The Gables Inn Sausalito(Sausalito)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$255
Orbitz.com
Hotel Sausalito(Sausalito)(Great Value!)
US$225
  • Breakfast included
HI Marin Headlands Hostel(Sausalito)(Great Value!)
Waters Edge Hotel(Tiburon)(Great Value!)
US$299
  • Breakfast included
The Lodge at Tiburon(Tiburon)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$259
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$149
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

US$184
US$175
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

US$239
TripAdvisor
1,069 results
All reviewsmurray circlefarley barthe golden gate bridgefort bakerhistoric roomsmeditation poolmilitary basegolf cartfront porchcooking schoolrocking chairsking suitesan franciscoparade groundofficers quartersdiscovery museumcooking class
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The Cavallo point lodge is a very unique place. You'll find it in Sausalito, right over the Golden Gate Bridge. The property is right by Fort Baker. The main buildings are restored historic architectural treasures. The combination of old and new is throughout the property.
The food is outstanding! The bar and restaurant have covered porches that face out towards the San Francisco Bay and the Golden Gate Bridge.
The service is spot on and the atmosphere is welcoming. I make sure to at least stop in to Cavallo for a coffee or drink when I'm in the area. My next visit I would like to stay in one of there wonderful rooms and enjoy the whole experience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank smp00
CavalloPointGM, General Manager at Cavallo Point, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

I am glad Cavallo is a place you enjoy so much to take a little break every now and then. We hope you are able to spend a night soon, feel free to look on our website for any activities that are taking place during your stay (hikes, yoga classes, cooking classes, meditation, etc.) so you can take full advantage of them.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Sit in the comfortable chairs by the fireplace, order a veggie sandwich with some french fries, relax, people watch, ride a bike around, enjoy yourself. This place is magic, plus they have culinary workshops, meditation and other recreational activities. Definitely a place to go with a love one or family

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you, Seth. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback. We are glad you loved the place and the activities it has to offer.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

This resort is absolutely fabulous! My partner and I stayed here for a romantic getaway. If you are looking for something away from the hustle and bustle but still close to it all then stay here. The rooms were very clean and staff was very accommodating! The restaurant served very clean and fresh food and was never a disappointment. If you like romantic getaways then stay here!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
CavalloPointGM, General Manager at Cavallo Point, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback. We appreciate it and are glad to hear you enjoyed a romantic getaway.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We’ve just returned from a weekend at Cavallo Point that I had booked to celebrate my husband’s 60th birthday. While we had a nice weekend, there were several glitches that should NOT happen at a hotel where you are spending upwards of $500/night.

I purposefully booked a Contemporary DLX King Golden Gate View room as I had stayed in one of these rooms previously and wanted my husband to have the same experience. When we checked in, the front desk agent reiterated that I had booked that room and handed me the keys. When a bellman took us to our room I was a little surprised to look out the windows and see not the bridge but a huge tree. I mentioned to the bellman that we had booked a view room. He was great and handled the front desk and had us moved to room 2103 which has a full bridge view and which I would recommend to anyone.

I had also prebooked the inroom bartender service as I thought it would be a fun surprise. The day before we arrived I called ahead and spoke to room service to arrange the time and which cocktail. I asked at that time to make sure that when we checked in it was not mentioned as it was a surprise. He repeated back to me that he would make sure the front desk didn’t mention it. Guess what happened? Yeah the surprise was ruined.

I had also booked us both massages for Saturday late afternoon. We spent the date up around Tomales Bay without cell service and on our way home my phone rang. One of the masseuses had an emergency and they weren’t going to be able to accommodate my husband’s appointment. I had them shift my appointment to him since it was his birthday. They did give him 20% off but that was the very least they could do.

Did I mention that there was an amenity in the room – a half bottle of wine and a box of chocolates and a card addressed to Steve Andrews. Neither of us is named Steve Andrews.

The room itself is large and comfortable. The bed and linens are top notch. The carpet desperately needs replacing as it is covered in stains. There is no AC which was fine during our trip but from what we heard was hellish the weekend before during the heat wave. It can get a little noisy with the back up beeping of the golf carts and fog horns but we were both fine with earplugs. The bathtub is great if awkward to get in to.

The restaurant is desperately in need of better management. I had booked Saturday night at Murray Circle as my husband’s birthday dinner. When we arrived they went to sit us at literally what is the worst table in the restaurant – in a corner by itself basically at the edge of the private dining room where there was a large party and only a curtain separating us from the loud party. We turned that table down and then had to wait 30 minutes for a different table. The hostess was just slow and over her head. Even though we were waiting and saw the people leave from the table we knew was going to us it took almost 15 minutes to clear and set the table. On the plus side all the food was delicious.

I have a previous 5 star review of Cavallo from 2011 and I’m really bummed that this follow up is not as positive.

Room Tip: 2103 has great views of the Golden Gate bridge
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank elynchking
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Just spent a weekend at Cavallo Point with my Fiance' and her family. Could not have asked for a more amazing and relaxing time. Excellent location and great sized rooms. This venue was unlike any hotel/resort i've been to before. The photos speak for themselves. PS. You have to check out the Spa!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
CavalloPointGM, General Manager at Cavallo Point, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Elazar,
I'm very glad to hear that you, your Fiance and her family had a wonderful time at Cavallo and that you enjoyed the place, the rooms and the Spa. I hope you can celebrate with us many family gatherings in the future.