“Fabulous, different food, nice atmosphere”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Nepalese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2016

T&his is one of the est restaurants I have ever eaten at -- it has menue chouces that include old stand-bys in Indian food, but also has unique dishes I have not seen elsewhere with wonderful seasonings.

Reviewed 23 December 2016

We were staying in San Rafael and discovered Taste of the Himalayas on Groupon. Nestled along a scenic street sits this cozy restaurant. It's a charming place with a warm and inviting atmosphere.

When ordering, the waitress asked how spicy we wanted our dishes to be. To be honest, "spicy" in some restaurants do not live up to the expected heat but this place sure did! Not only was the heat to my liking, but the flavors were phenomenal. We pretty much licked our plates clean. It was kind of pricey for lunch even with a Groupon though.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

Wanted something warm and quaint on a cold rainy night in Sausalito . Had a great meal last time there thought I would give it another go. Warm ,small ,nice pictures and atmosphere perfect for a dreary rainy night.Ordered the "chicken tica Marsala "which is the bomb" must get dish!with the rack of lamb special ,rice and garlic Rosemary naan.It was fabulous!Would go back and order exact same thing.Many other items on menu to test your palette had "goat" one time which was good had tandoori another time that was a little dry.Service was good and prices real good whole dinner for 2 We had with 2 drinks $61 great deal compared to most southern Marin restaurants.Nice different cuisine for a change of pace in Sausalito .

Reviewed 10 February 2016

The whole family loved this place! Friendly/patient wait staff explained the dishes and were spot on with their recommendations. Not for the "I don't like..." and "I only like.." picky eaters, so leave them home. Don't they just ruin meals anyways? Try something new like the pistachio dessert or some of their meat dishes. Definitely interesting and the kids LOVED the fresh naan. My husband left with a new taste for a beer he'd never heard of before.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

I loved the food while traveling in India and Nepal so it was nice to find a place cooking the food of the Himalayas right here in Marin County...