“New discovery ”

and up
Coastal Marin Headlands Hike from San Francisco
Ranked #7 of 53 things to do in Sausalito
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I always like to discover new places. Rodeo beach was an amazing experience. It's a clean enough beach, not the sand..if you appreciate looking at some beautiful scenery then you'd love it. There's a hiking trail & bike trail along the Pacific Ocean.the trails go as far as Muir beach (5-6 miles). There's no restaurant at this site..its best to go during the week to avoid the crowds.

All reviews
"lots of parking"
"california coast"
"easy parking"
in 2 reviews
"the marine mammal center"
in 4 reviews
in 3 reviews
"surfers"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I actually came here on a cold Saturday night to take photos of the sky. What I captured was something amazing...at night!

I doubt many people will come here at the time I got there (7pm), but at 7pm on a cold February night - tons of parking & tons of space on the beach! And the end of the road (Mitchell rd) there is a bathroom - not all that well maintained, but I guess okay enough for a beach public restroom. Most stalls were out of toilet paper. Fortunately, the last stall had a small amount for me. Just in case - keep some TP in your car!

The beach was COLD! I had 5 layers on, but neglected to double sock and wear warmer shoes so I was still cold. Bottom line, dress like its snowing out!

I'm not actually sure how often this happens, but the waves were coming in blue! We capture it on film and it just made this place so much more amazing! The skies were clear and I was able to see and capture the stars as well. For photographs there is some light pollution coming from the city, but it was far enough removed and blocked that I captured some great starry night photos.

4  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Interesting that just across the bay is a busy city called San Francisco. On this side of the bay is secluded and good for the soul. That is what Rodeo Beach is. A respite from the reality of making a living and the daily mundane routine. Come here for the beach but I enjoy the hiking of sheer drop cliffs. Magnificent and majestic.

1  Thank CantsitstillJohn
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Amazing and unique Beach on the California coast. If you come here looking for whites and you're not going to find them. In fact, if you come here looking for white sand you're missing the whole point. The geology of this beach is amazing. All of the sand on this beach comes from the rock adjacent to the beach. Read about the geology and you'll love the beach.

1  Thank 7,268