“Beautiful views ”

Barrel House Tavern
Ranked #22 of 82 Restaurants in Sausalito
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Barrel House Tavern is an inviting waterfront oasis and a lively destination fit for an intimate dinner for two or a celebratory venue for large groups.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant twice. My experience was great on both occasions. This last visit there was nice cause we got to sit outside and had some of the best views of the bay area. It's a little pricey but can't take it with you. :) foods ok..nothing too special..

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Great service. Awesome food. Impossible burger(100% vegetarian)is impossible to resist... Eliot is very accommodating.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We took a bus tour of San Francisco that brought us over the Golden Gate to Sausalito. We had an hour to grab lunch before continuing on. We went into Barrel House and asked the hostess if they could get us out in an hour. She said yes. We sat down and immediately ordered burgers, also telling our waiter that we had to be back to our tour in an our. He said no problem. After a half hour, we still had nothing on the table, not even bread. I asked the waiter and he said it would be coming out soon. Nothing came. Then with only 20 minutes to go, I again asked the waiter what was happening. He went to check and came back with four small rolls and said this should tide you over. I told him we had to leave soon and we needed the burgers. He then told me that they would be out in 15 minutes. I reminded him that we didn't have the time to wait 15 minutes, so he said he would see if the GM could help. The GM came over and said he would check with the kitchen to rush the order. He then came back with 10 minutes to spare and told me that we would not have our food in time. He made no apologies. We left and went to an ice cream shop as that was all we had time for.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Another family outing. It was crowded, so we had to wait a while for seating. The food was good. We enjoyed the service and the ambiance.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

we did stinson beach, muir woods, & sausalito on this day, we ended up in Sausalito & decided to eat overlooking the water , this resturant has a great view & great food, friendly bartender somewhat frazzled maitre d , but all in all a great time, good food & overall staff with a great attitude , WE HAD THE FLATBREAD, THE CEVIHE, & THE CALAMARI, & A FEW DRINKS EACH ALL WAS GREAT, I WOULD GO BACK AGAIN