“Best of the best! Nice people, delicious food, good environment.”

The Hangout Restaurant & Beach Bar
Ranked #3 of 98 Restaurants in Seal Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Award-Winning Seal Beach Restaurant With Ocean Views. Dine Steps from The Seal Beach Pier at the top of Main Street in Downtown. Our vast array of New American food ranges from chicken, beef and many seafood dishes. We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. Popular dishes include fish and chips, burgers, BBQ ribs, Cobb salad, fried Calamari and clambake pot. The Hangout Seal Beach is a great casual restaurant-bar for date night, business lunch, birthday, or night out — a fun place to eat with friends or family. Staying in Long Beach? We're 15 minutes away and one of the best restaurants nearby! Attentive, Friendly Service, good Food & Drinks. Our cocktails are unique and eclectic. Drink the latest craft beer on draft. CBS says we have one of the best bloody Marys in Orange County. Thrillist says we're their top 23 beachside bars. See why we're one of the best Locally Owned restaurants in Orange County, Southern California. Open 7:00 Am Daily!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recommend this place to have a friends/family dinner or just hangout for a couple of beers with a delicious burger and mac and cheese (see pictures)!!!
The environment is really good, nice people, excellent menu (one main dish per day), cold beer right in front of the beach/pier, clean, affordable prices, clean bathrooms. Nice sun settings that I enjoyed from my seat next to the window, good environment that we decided to come back during the week.

I live in US Midwest and I would like to come back in the near future to Hangout. Best option in Seal Beach - CA, after dinning during the whole week in the area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It took two tries but I finally got the meal I was hoping for. Great service especially when my first try bombed. I was torn between the brisket or the old standby Jalapeeny burger. After gnawing on the brisket my waitress saved me and took them away and replaced it with a juicy, scrumptious Jalapeno burger. Whew! The only problem is that darn thing is so tall that it takes an industrial compactor to get it so I can take a bite (against the law to use a knife and fork BTW on a burger!).
Really enjoyed it. What made it even better was their outstanding selection of brewskis on tap.
Great spot to munch away and watch the sun set.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went here for my sister’s birthday and had not been before. It was DELICIOUS and fun! We had a nice window seat with a view of the beach.

Their cocktails and beer are so good! I tried the J-Iced Tea. It had sweet tea vodka, lemon, and splash of lemonade! Yummmmmy! My sister loved her Tito’s dirty martini.

We had calamari and garlic Parmesan fries for appetizers. Definitely the best Parmesan fries! For lunch, I had a jalapeño burger that was amazing. My friend had the shrimp and mussels pot. My other friend had the Reuben sandwich. My sister had tempura bartered lobster tacos. Everyone was pleased and full!

Looking forward to going again. So many good dishes to try.

Sorry I was so hungry I forgot to take a picture!

Reviewed 10 October 2018

We went to seal Beach to wander in shops and had lunch at this restaurant. I was under the impression that it had a view of the pier in the ocean. Although it is across the street from the beach is a very limited view. The food was adequate I had salmon sliders my friends had pork sliders and a chicken sandwich. Each of these came with an over abundance of delicious french fries.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

Cody was our great server. He is positive and energetic. I had the Diablo Veggie Burger and it is delicious...pretty hot! The onion Rings are a favorite and my Husband had grilled fish street tacos. He ordered 4 of them at $2.50 each and really liked them. Love this spot!