“Away from touristy spots”

Gusto Handcrafted Pasta & Pizza
Ranked #1 of 100 Restaurants in Seaside
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

And the food was really good! Had a very flavorful ravioli from their list of the day’s specials plus the Italian salad (shared among 3 of us- perfect amount). Good variety of wines. Tiramisu for dessert, again, plenty to be shared. Service was nicely attentive and friendly. The neighborhood doesn’t draw you in, but this place was a definite winner!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I drove by the place and turned around to go in for dinner. I was by myself and it looked very inviting. The menu was very impressive and I settled on two things that were superb. Very relaxed environment in a good location.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Ending a fun day of visiting the sights, our family choose Gusto for our dinner.
Salmon special was delicious, Margarita Pizza was Amazing. Lasagna was much to soft, without body and less flavorful than expected.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

I visited on a Saturday evening with a fairly large group and the restaurant was very busy. All things considered service was good. I had Bigoli Al'Amatriciana and I enjoyed it. The by the glass wine selections were good and I had a Monterey Pinot Noir. A member of our group ordered pizza and I might try that if I visit again. It looked good.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Don’t let the drive into Seaside deter you from trying GUSTO. It’s absolutely worth it! Plus, you get to get away from the often crowded Monterey/Carmel popular eating spots and you don’t have to fight for decent street parking. See- time saved already!
The food was fabulous. They have an extensive list of pasta dishes and pizza choices. I had the beet salad- the best I’ve ever had. The dressing was delicious, the beets were cooked perfectly, and the greens were fresh. My husband had the soup-of-the-day and was very pleased with the flavors. We shared a pizza- Wow!!! The crust was thin, but stable, and cooked to perfection (you know, perfectly crispy without being obnoxiously hard). The flavors in the sausage were out of this world. The cheese was fresh and perfectly melted. The sauce had this balance between marinara and pizza sauce. No flavor was overpowering, they each complimented and enhanced the others. The aroma alone was enough for us to come back!
The service staff was top notch. Each staff member was terrific at their job. It was like watching a well practiced orchestra do their thing. Everyone was incredibly friendly and attentive.

Info/Suggestions:
- larger groups (6+) should probably make a reservation. The dining area can be a bit limited on seating.
- if the parking lot is full, snag a spot on La Salle Ave.
- they have a full bar!!!