“Made to order”

Sub Zero Ice Cream & Yogurt
Ranked #5 of 8 Dessert in Sebastopol
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Made-to-order treats from root beer floats, sundaes, ice cream and a variety of flavors and mix-ins. We had strawberry, root beer float, apple pie and matcha.

We ate ours too fast for a picture!

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Great stop after day trip to the coast. Grateful for lactose free ice cream for two of my sensitive adventurers. Nice folks!

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Each time we've been there (thrice) the staff has been friendly and service prompt. I love all the choices!

Reviewed 8 March 2017

We ordered three cups of ice cream. The young man serving me was not friendly and was impatient. He made my ice cream which was green tea lactose free. It tasted pretty bad. I tried to share it with my husband but he wouldn't eat it after tasting it. It was not smooth or creamy but more of a lumpy texture. My kids ordered cups that were off the premade menu so theirs were good. Do not order the lactose free cream and have the friendly, young girl wait on you instead of the young boy.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Sub Zero is a fun place for ice cream, located in The Barlow. Is it the best ice cream I've had, not really but it is good. There are numerous combinations of bases (cream, yogurt etc), flavors (cake batter, caramel peanut butter etc) and mix ins (brownies, Heath bits, peanut butter cups etc) to please just about anyone.

After you pick base, flavor and mix ins the concoction is stirred and frozen with the use of liquid nitrogen which if you haven't seen it is pretty cool and does a good job of making the mix creamy. Having worked in a lab the freezing procedure was not new but most people, especially kids will be entertained.

Been here a couple times and during peak times the line can be long but usually moves quickly. If you are in the area give it a try. If you want a more conventional ice cream shop visit Screamin Mimi's just up the street.