“Horseback riding less than 5 mins from Shaver cabin vacation rentals!”
Review of Shaver Stables

Shaver Stables
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Today we took a two hour ride at Shaver Stables! The horses were tame, strong and beautiful! The entire staff was amazing. Some grew up in Shaver Lake, another one from Denver Colorado! They were experienced and made the ride through the meadows, water creeks and lake even more enjoyable. We ran into deer and it was just a peaceful fun journey! Thank you! We had a great time! Joe and Charlene

1  Thank CharNJoe213
"riders"
"trail"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 12 July 2015

The staff were very accommodating with our group. We discussed which horses were best for each person. We had a 6 year old, a 4 year old, and two grandparents. The horses were sure-footed. Ariel was the leader and another girl was at the end of the group. Both girls did a great job and gave good instructions and reminders throughout the trip. The scenery was magnificent.

2  Thank Hansenkat
Reviewed 1 July 2015

When we arrived to the stables and came up to the front desk the man working at the front desk was a little less than friendly and was straight to business. We then got our horses and were off on our way. My horse was extremely nice and seemed very well kept. The whole ride Aerial, one of the guides was being extremely rude to the other female guide. It made the ride feel a little uncomfortable. The views were beautiful and it was a great experience. When we got back the people led us off our horses and didn't even bother to say good bye or thank you.

it was overall very pleasant and very relaxing.

1  Thank capoworm
Reviewed 25 May 2015

This was a great tour!! I did this delightful horseback riding with my girlfriend and we both loved it. You get to see the lake, and walk about with a small group of other visitors and experience horse riders. Lets you experience the beauty of the landscape in a refreshing manner. Plus any excuse to go horseback riding!!

1  Thank Ben D
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We rented a few horses for 4 adults and 1 young child (6). Our horses had a pleasant demeanor, were easy to ride, even for the very inexperienced members of our group, and appeared well treated an in great health. Upon first arrival we were greeted by the staff, which were all very friendly and helpful in assessing our riding capability and needs, and matching us up to our horse. Since I had the most experience riding, I rode doubles with my son in front of me. The ride takes you through wooded trails filled with greenery. You ride along the mountains, weaving in and out of large boulders and trees and just enjoying the relaxing, beautiful ride. The horses knew the routine and trail well, and did not need much direction or guidance at all. My horse was cracking me up with his slight stubborn demeanor and insistence upon trying to graze on the various bushes along the trail every time we paused to enjoy the view. A slight pull of the reigns got him to stop, but every time we paused, he'd try it again. I don't know why, but it was cracking me up. My horse was gentle and smooth enough that my son, whom had never ridden, was not the least bit scared. Anyway, the trail continued down to the side of the mountain, where the lake was visible and we had a breathtaking view. After pausing to take in the view, we continued up the mountain slightly and we were amazed at how the horses navigated the trails so well. Overall, this was a fantastic, relaxing, beautiful family adventure that we would like to do again. The facility was clean, the staff were very friendly and great guides, and the horses were beautiful and healthy.

7  Thank 4VacationLvrs