“Like going back in time”

Train Station Coffee Shop
Description: Breakfast and lunch only
Description: Breakfast and lunch only
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I have fond memories of going with my grandfather to breakfast at a local dinner. Everyone seemed to know each other's name and the food was like grandma made on a good day. The menu is filled with comfort food, made to order, and in a quantity that fills you up every time. Staff is friendly and attentive. One of my favorite local spots.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

This place is just a bit farther from the freeway and we knew we had hit gold when we saw it was slammed with folks on a weekday mornings. Went inside and saw it is obviously loved by locals. The food is classic American breakfast fare.... eggs, omelette, French toast, great bacon, etc..... don't miss this one if you are in the area.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

We were excited that we chance on a mom and pop restaurant while on our short vacay in Placerville. Ordered the bbq sandwich, a few pieces of meat on a greasy bun. The fries and pickle were the only salvation for $9.25, $4 kid's grill cheese meal, a coffee and soda, $17++... approx. $20 with tips. Service was unattentive. Service... not sure what to say. Never asked if I wanted creamer and refill came after everyone else who came after me got theirs.

The ladies were busy chatting away than attend to customers. It wasn't busy and the ready food was waiting on the counter for a good 5 minutes.

I had better meal the night before at Mc Donalds, 2 for $5 Filet O Fish.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Not only is the food fantastic but the employees are great , they make you feel like family my favorite is breakfast

Reviewed 15 February 2017

This is a great place if you are really hungry and want a great breakfast. The food quality and portions blow places like Denney's away.