“Disappointed!”

Yolanda's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 284 Restaurants in Simi Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We lived nearby and decided to give Yolanda's another try after being away a few years. Slow learners. The outdoor patio was very pleasant except for the TV blaring alongside the music. They did turn off the TV up on request. I ordered the Carnitas Veracruz. It came with albondigas soup. It had three large bready meatballs. The soup was Bland and warm. The carnitas were tough tough and only a couple of tablespoons of beans on my plate with a lot of rice. My husband ordered a burrito Ranchero with carnitas. Carnitas were so dry they were basically unedible. We told the waitress. She came back with the bill and the manager had taken $6 off for the bad food. We won't be back. The waitress was very nice and the only bright spot of the meal.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Simi had a lot of good Mexican restaurants, this is my favorite. I especially love the fresh salsa bar, I could probably just eat the chips and salsa everyday for lunch.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Very fast service. Nicely decorated. The margaritas were good. My husband had the house margarita on the rocks and I had a cranberry margarita on the rocks. Yum! We both had different enchiladas. The red sauce was excellent. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

They have a nice patio area, if you have a good group of people, go sit outside, during happy hour - some good food and decent drinks.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Went for dinner asked the bartender for 2 margaritas , I watched the bartender ( he was a waiter just helping out behind the bar ) apparently did not know anything he was doing.
I asked for Reposado and he grab the Blanco tequila and poured half a shot in to the glass and the rest was sour mix. He made the weakest margarita I have ever had, my wife sent hers back and exchanged it for a glass of wine. We sat down and ordered and the wait was not that bad for how crowded it was. The waitress was very friendly, we finally got our food and it was horrible, we could not eat it at all. We paid the bill (we only did that because of the waitress was so nice) We will never go back there again!
We now go to Palapa which is directly located behind Yolanda's next to the super market.