“Reliable and very fresh fish”
Review of The Fish Market

The Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 79 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Price range: US$12 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located across from the Del Mar Fairgrounds and Race Track, our third restaurant has been a San Diego North County favorite since it opened in 1981. This bustling restaurant encourages friendly and convivial dining, with the help of a comfortable oyster bar and cozy cocktail bar and lounge, and front-and-center retail market, widely known by those seeking to take home the finest in fresh fish. We also offer a private room suitable for a large party gathering.
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

Excellent fresh fish served promptly while you watch the grilling through the larger windows. Wide variety including sushi, cioppino, platters. Great sourdough bread. A counter and a fish counter for buying fresh fish.

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

My daughter came down to visit me. And we thought we would go to dinner so I suggested the fishmarket. We split a Capito and a bucket of steamers it was OK I've had better. The Capito was OK I don't think I would order it again. The hot sourdough bread that they give you at your table is excellent. And the staff was friendly and helpful. I hear a clam shouter is excellent next time I'm in that's what I'm having.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Good dinner after a walk between solano beach and del mar beach. The seafood was fresh. I ordered again during that same week during my stay in del mar. I ordered half but the person who took the phone order made a mistake in taking the order but he only made us pay the price of full order. The picture is a half order.

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

We have been to this place a number of times over the years. The food is mediocre at best and they do not have cooks who actually cook fish which is ironic. We will not return.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

We normally go to San Diego The Fish Market. This is the first time we visit Del Mar The Fish Market. Somehow we prefer San Diego restaurant. The marinara is very tomato-ee. My children both would not eat their kids pizza. They refused to eat them. The pizza does not look good to eat. I had seafood linquinie. I did not think it's good. I will go to my prefer store in San Diego.