“Good, solid seafood choice.”

Solana Beach Fish House
Ranked #23 of 80 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Locally-owned fish restaurant provides a alternative to chain owned places. Thoughful menu, excellent prepartion, and competitive pricing make Solana Beach Fish House a good choice.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

This fish house is a nice place to get great fish at an inexpensive price. They have great lunch specials. I had the surf and turf burrito which is carne asada and shrimp. It was great. Large portions and nice staff. The picture is only half the burrito.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

The food is good casual fish and burgers. The lunch specials are priced well and they have Pacifico on tap. Casual decent spot.

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

I would have probably given this five stars but the service was painfully slow. We ordered calamari strips which were fantastic. 100 times better than the ones we had at the fish market the following night. I also had a fish taco which was excellent and a shrimp taco which was good. I'd probably stick to the fish next time and order more calamari. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

What a surprise! My expectations weren't very high when I walked in because it's a little storefront place. We walked in less than an hour before closing and yet the server was friendly and we didn't feel rushed. I told him I wanted something Mexican and asked what he recommended and he said the blackened burrito and that often people will pay to upgrade the fish. I said I was fine with the Alaskan pollack. It had some kick to it. I'll give kudos to the chef. Bravo! I enjoy the heat! You made me some spicy dinner! Gracias! I plan to come back again this week with a couple other boys who like the spice heat it up!!! Love the warm chips yummy! Guacamole is delicious! My husband had his a fish delightful and shrimp taco which he also enjoyed. I didn't really get anything from the rice. It was hard in spots and over cooked in other. But the flavor a were so well blended. Wishing you could eat more when you can't. Thanks for a great experience!!!!