The Landsby
King Frederik Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$89
  • Breakfast included
Kronborg Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$128
US$105
US$82
Wine Valley Inn & Cottages(Solvang)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$129
Agoda.com
Viking Motel(Solvang)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgranolahappy hourbeautifully designed hotelboutique feeltower suitegreat boutiqueboutique hotelvillage innhotel is lovelybath productsloved the decorthe hotel's restaurantcentral locationcomplimentary breakfast isplenty of parkingwould highly recommend this hotelstayed longer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

The hotel was very cute! I loved the decor and the location was perfect! Walking distance to anything and everything you need. The decor in the hotel was amazing, the paintings are all by the same artist. The rooms were spacious and the lavender bags on the bed was a nice relaxing touch! I also loved the real keys they have instead of the key cards that most hotels provide. Overall, I would recommend this hotel!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2018

The Landsby is right in the middle of everything (not that Solvang is all that big) and the room was quite big. However the bathroom was disappointing. The toilet and bathtub were stuffed into a tiny room with a large sink area basically in the main room. The fire pits right outside were nice, especially since it cools down at night.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank Monica H
Reviewed 19 January 2018

After having a very bad experience in another hotel, it was a pleasure staying at the Landsby Hotel, Solvang. Very clean, well appointed, updated, friendly staff, quiet, and a helpful staff. I know I sound like a Boy Scout, but this hotel is worth a try. Even though they don’t offer a free breakfast, they have an onsite restaurant which serves good food. The hotel is within walking distance to almost everything in Solvang. Some rooms small. If that would bother you, talk to the front desk and I’m sure they’ll put you in a somewhat larger room, I’m sure. Hey, I don’t work for the hotel, I’m a vacation traveler.

Room Tip: First Time here. Loved our room and stay
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed 9 January 2018

The Landsby is an incredibly beautiful renovated property in a city that can feel a little cartoon-ish at times. The decor is amazing and feels fresh, young and contemporary.

There were a few minor issues that made for some major inconveniences during our short stay. We were traveling with a group of friends (4 total) sharing a double bed room. The temperature in the room was difficult to control. We adjusted the thermostat before we went to bed and woke up in the middle of the night to find it reset to a random temperature.

Since a hotel is where you primarily sleep, the bed should be as perfect as possible. One of our beds didn't have a fitted bottom sheet. It ended up coming off in the middle of the night with all the tossing and turning (with the thermostat reset) and we were sleeping on a bare mattress.

The bathroom became an issue as it had neither a window or a fan. This was a huge problem for anyone needing to really use the bathroom. We quickly resorted to using the bathroom in the lobby. Installing vent fans in the bathroom should be done immediately.

All in all a very pretty hotel. Would have been much better if I were traveling alone or with just my partner. These issues could probably have also been resolved if we were staying for longer than one night. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and surely would have addressed our issues (aside from the bathroom fans).

Room Tip: Ask if the bathroom has an operable window.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Barry P, General Manager at The Landsby, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Feedback like yours is always appreciated as it helps us to continually improve our guest services. First off, I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed The Landsby's aesthetic and found our staff to be very accommodating. I sincerely apologize about the lack of a bathroom fan and your frustration with the thermostat. The rooms in our main hotel do not have bathroom fans, but many of our other rooms do, so we'd be more than happy to put you in one of those rooms if you choose to stay with us again next time you're in the area (which we hope you do!). Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kindly,
Barry P, General Manager

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Stayed at this super cool hotel while attending a wedding at a nearby winery. I don't love the "Disneyland" town it is located in. However, I'd stay here and enjoy the surrounding wineries for sure. The hotel is super chic. Service at the bar was excellent. Check-in was not the best but hey, how long do you spend checking in? I recommend for sure!

Room Tip: I believe they are a pet friendly hotel. If you have allergies be sure to ask for a pet free room.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends