King Frederik Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$119
  • Breakfast included
Royal Copenhagen Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$129
US$99
Meadowlark Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
US$165
Solvang Gardens Lodge(Solvang)(Great Value!)
US$179
The Landsby(Solvang)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$185
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$228/night.

Mirabelle Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$250
All reviewsunderground parkingcinnamon rollscovered parkingbreakfast roompancake machinefacing the streetlarge balconywithin walking distanceyogurtfree breakfastaway from the roadloft roomhotel is locatedbeds were comfortableclose to townrestaurants and shopsnice breakfast
Reviewed 30 August 2015

Meets the high standards of Holiday Inn Express with a very comfortable bed and well maintained facility. Greeted and allowed to check in early (1pm) so we could get out of the heat and rest up before hitting the attractions and stories. Our room was very comfortable and included a nice little balcony that allowed a good view of the sunset. Air conditioner was perfect. Bath was just right. TV worked great. Underground parking was super good considering the busy street. We will return for sure.

Room Tip: Second building 326
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
SheriKreskyGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Solvang, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2015

Dear Walker S,

Thank you for your lovely comments.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! You are right the sunsets are beautiful here and I am genuinely happy you had the chance to experience it during your stay.

I hope your next stay and just around the corner.

Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 23 August 2015

I stayed in loft suite room 238 where the toilet would not flush. Every time I called the front desk to report the problem, all they did was send someone with a plunger. The guy even said this place is old, things like this happen, then went on to say "to prevent this from happening again, place your used toilet paper in the trash not down the toilet." After contacting the front desk four times, I'd had enough and asked to be moved to another room. The front desk didn't have the courtesy to ask me if I wanted to move to another room or apologize for the inconvenience.

When I checked out they didn't even mention anything about the toilet. Only when I was walking to my car, the front desk attendant came out to say sorry and that they would contact me later that day to discuss how I could be compensated for my troubles. One week has passed and I'm still waiting for that call/email...

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Emily M

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. I do sincerely apologize for the troubles that you experienced during your stay and the way it was handled is not the way we do things here at Holiday Inn Express-Solvang. I have shared this with my staff to ensure this type of issue is handled properly in the future.
Please feel free to contact me at anytime to further discuss at 805-688-2018 or 267-279-5844.
Our commitment to investing in our property will continue this winter with exciting upgrades to our hotel.
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Solvang!

Reviewed 15 August 2015

We stayed at this hotel in Aug/15. I have nothing against this hotel as the amenities are good (overall Holiday Inn Express are pretty good); however, I was treated very rudely by one of the hotel front desks. Her behavior made me felt I was racially discriminated, to certain degree that it impacted my entire hotel stay experience. I then filled out an online survey afterward from the hotel site. I did share my true experience (no bad language), however, the hotel rejected my review and didn't publish it. That made think that the overall hotel review is censored for Holiday Inn Express, or just for the hotel in Solvang. There will not be any bad reviews because the hotel will not publish it!

We stayed at Holiday Inn Express often wherever we were on vacation. Never had bad experience like this. Again, the amenities of this hotel is good, just the front desk employee, her name is Faith, who is extremely rude. Be mindful if you book your stay with them. I truly hope you don't have to deal with her.

Here is the message to the hotel - since you didn't respond to my apology request, the management needs to do some intensive training to your employee, or never hire racist to work at your hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the valley view and on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
SheriKreskyGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Solvang, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2015

Dear LF,

I do apologize for the confusion, but the survey that you filled out is an internal survey and it does not post to our IHG Review site. These internal surveys are used to let each hotel know what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. You must visit the review section on website to publish your comments. I assure you Holiday Inn Express does not filter reviews from the very good to the very bad.

As a courtesy to you, I have added your comment below from August 3, 2015.

The accusation of racism is something that I take very serious. Here at the Holiday Inn Express - Solvang we have many, many international guest and employees. We also have zero tolerance for any type or form of racism.

I wanted to assure you that this has been investigated. I personally monitored the employee named in your survey, after the initial one was sent to hotel. At no time during this investigation did Faith display any type of behavior that would be defined as racism, while working at the front desk. Also, her co-workers have strongly expressed that they do not feel that Faith displays this type of behavior.

Please let me briefly explain our training process and procedures:

Faith joined our team on July 27, 2015, she came onboard with excellent references, a great personality and a passion to learn the hotel industry. During her training she was taught about all of our complex daily operations, policies and procedures. One which is that Holiday Inn Express is a limited service hotel. We serve breakfast daily at designated hours that are posted and given to our guest upon check-in. Once our Express Breakfast is over for the day we do a thorough cleaning and sanitizing of our kitchen then rotate and restock all breakfast items. Once completed, the breakfast host secures all breakfast inventory and leave for the day, at that point access to the kitchen is limited to only breakfast host and managers.During her training process Faith was also informed to let guest inquiring about food and beverages know about our vending area, local markets and all of our wonderful area restaurants.

As a team we all read these reviews daily and discuss how we may improve on our guest comments. I must say the support for Faith from her co-workers has been remarkable during this difficult time of having her name associated with racism on Trip Advisor, when she was simply following policies as instructed. My team and I wanted to ensure this type of inconvenience never happens again, so we have implemented new procedures to anticipate and accommodate our guest needs in the future.

I can understand your frustration to what I have found to be a failed policy and an terrible unfortunate miscommunication, please accept my most sincere apology. I also want to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention to ensure all guest needs are accommodated in the future.

If you would like to further discuss this matter, please feel free to contact me at anytime at the hotel 805-688-2018 or my cell 267-279-5844.

Thank you again and please see your survey comments below.

Sheri Kresky GM

COMMENT FROM LIU FANG SURVEY ON 8/3/2015
What did you dislike about your stay?
I stayed at Holiday Inn Express, Solvang, ca on the night of Aug03 through Aug04 in room 135.
At dinner time, I took my son to the lobby and asked the front desk if I could get a cup of water for my son. The lady told me there is hot water in the corner or there is a vending machine downstairs. Right answer! I went to the dinning area and tried to look for some cutlery and see if there is anything I could find to ease my son's thirst. The lady stopped me and said:'no, no, no, it's not there! It's downstairs, as if I didn't understand her English. I asked:' I saw there is milk in the fridge, can I get one for my son?' She said rudely:' no! It's for breakfast only!' Immediately she walked out of the counter, went to the dinning area and locked the door behind me. I felt being discriminated and felt ashamed. All I asked was a cup of water for my son. The lady, Faith, yes, that's her name, treated me with no respect and rudeness as if I am a homeless. I couldn't not tolerate her attitude. Not sure if it is because I am Chinese, I am certainly felt the disrespect, unfriendliness and even discrimination right there.
The Hotel amenities were nice, and we always stayed at Holiday Inn Express wherever we went, this is the first time I was treated like this. Yes, her name is Faith, and she made feel me unwelcome and discriminated. I don't want to the word 'racist', but that word definitely better describes her attitude. Would love to hear back regarding this incident. I hope she doesn't treat any other guests like this. I have the urge to share my experiences with other online users, especially with Chinese travelers! The front desk, Faith, is a racist!!

Reviewed 12 August 2015

This is a relatively standard Holiday Inn, located conveniently for walking in to town. Staff really helpful. Rooms really clean. Nice bathroom with real bath. Coffee in rooms and coffee on the go at reception all day. Breakfast is included although its quite a basic buffet and is all paper plates and plastic utensils. This is a small outside space with a little pool which is ideal for having a short time in the sun in between other things. Also FREE PARKING which we learned is not the case in other parts of California.
Solvang seems to work to its own time frame… Solvang wakes up late and finishes early…Also just because a shop has a sign saying it opens at a specific time…don’t expect it to be open at that time!…..opening times appear to be just for guidance. One of the highlights of the whole holiday was a performance of Man of La Mancha at the Open Air Theatre. It was absolutely stunning….try to go if there is a show on.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Dear PAULKILLEN,

Thank you for the five star rating!!!

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the lovely village of Solvang. You are correct Solvang does have its very own "time zone" !!!
I am also pleased to hear that you were able to catch Man of La Mancha at our open air theater.
And yes... FREE PARKING in California?? That is always a bonus!!

Reviewed 12 August 2015

Arrived for 4th of July weekend. This hotel is located within easy walking distance to just about everything in the town including the mission. Check-in was easy, rooms were clean, hotel is a little dated but it was ok. Bed was comfortable. First day breakfast was plentiful, scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage, breads, cereals, juices, milk, cinnamon rolls, fruit, etc. 2nd day was another story, they ran out of batter for pancakes, ran out of milk, fruit was scarce. It seemed like they were not prepared for the holiday weekend when they ordered food supplies. Also, check-out day they lost their TV & internet service. On their web site they say it overlooks the park, I would disagree since trees that line the property obscure any view you may have.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Dear Travelling Dad,

Thank you for your review.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the location and found our rooms to be clean and comfortable.
I do however, apologize for the breakfast shortage. We take great pride in our breakfast quality and cleanliness of our kitchen here at Holiday In Express in Solvang. We closely monitor our breakfast daily and we rotate stock daily to ensure everything we serve is fresh.
We do have a system that we follow to ensure we have plenty of stock for weekdays, weekends and holidays. I will be sure to reevaluate our system to avoid any food shortages in the future.