Kronborg Inn
The Landsby(Solvang)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Corque(Solvang)
View Hotel
All reviewscontinental breakfastmake your own waffleswaffle makerwithin walking distancejacuzzi tubbalcony overlooking the poolyogurthotel locationsliding doorpleasant staysmall townwine tastingin townnice roomsanta barbaravisiting solvangthe main street
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Right on the edge of town but it is in easy walking distance of everything. The staff and cleaning is adequate and the facilities work for a nice stay. The breakfast is very minimal and could be better with a little effort. The beds were great.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Victor A, Owner at Kronborg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your honest review!
We are happy to report that we are improving our breakfast on a daily basis!
All of our danishes, breads, & muffins are delivered to us daily, baked fresh from the delicious & local Olsen's bakery.
Aside from that, we offer a variety of items from daily ground coffee to a Belgian waffle station.
We have recently added protein items such as fresh cut cold cuts and an assortment of different cheeses from local companies.
We have also added plenty of fruits such as tangerines, bananas, strawberries, grapes etc.
Your comments are noted and appreciated greatly!
We thank you for choosing Kronborg Inn & hope you return in the future to experience of constant improvements.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

This is a really quaint place just on the edge of town. The courtyard area where pool/spa is is very well looked after. The exception area is beautifully done for an inexpensive Inn. Breakfast was fantastic, all the usual stuff (waffle maker, cereals, fruit, juices, coffee, pastries). Rooms were quite big and balcony overlooking pool area was a great bonus.
Solving itself is really beautiful. You can walk round the place in 45 mins, although it may take longer after you've visited the various wine tasting ships and excellent bakeries. At Christmas it was like something from a Hans Christian Andersen book. Just perfectly lit and festive.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Thank j.k.r.
Victor A, Owner at Kronborg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Estimated Guest,
Thank you kindly for your descriptive review! We pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our common areas! We agree, our balcony areas provide a relaxing atmosphere after a day of walking around Solvang. We are improving our breakfast items daily with more variety so we hope you visit us soon in the near future to enjoy our upgrades. Thank you for choosing Kronborg Inn! We enjoyed having you as our guest! Happy New Year!

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Close to downtown, but noisy being on the street.
Average rooms, cold, bare minimum facilities.
Breakfast is namesake, cold and tasteless.. least they can do is serve 'hot' coffee..
average experience.

Room Tip: rooms far away from main road, might be quiter.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2017

My family, fiance and I were originally going to stay for the Wine Walk and to celebrate my sisters 25th birthday. I booked the room a few months in advance through Booking.com. When we arrived (around 10-10:30 a.m.) I decided to go inside and try my luck at perhaps an early check in. The girl at the front desk informed me that she had no rooms at the moment due to evacuees from the Thomas Fire that hadn't checked out. She kept saying "these poor people have no where to go...these poor people." I asked it if would be okay to leave my car there since we would be checking in later. She said it was fine and told me to come back at 12:30 to see if anything had opened up. We went to Paula's for breakfast (the best breakfast spot in my opinion) and went back to check on the availability a little past 12:30 p.m. She told me nothing had opened up yet since "these poor people" were just checking out and she informed me that a lot of them were asking her if they could stay another night, but the hotel was booked solid for the weekend. I said "oh they're still here" and paused since I was trying to decide if we should just go pick up our wine passes and start wine tasting. At this point she started to give me attitude and responded "YES, they are still here. These poor people have lost their homes and animals and have no place to go." I let it go and said "Okay, so should I come back later?" With an attitude she said, "You can try back at 1:30" I obviously didn't appreciate her tone or the fact that for some reason she kept saying "these poor people" as if to give me a guilt trip, or as if I had been insensitive about the situation. She also said "check in time is at 3:00 p.m. mam," with a tone to which I replied, "Okay so should I come back at 1:30..." to which she cut me off saying "Well check in is at 3:00 but you can try back at 1:30 these poor people..." I said thank you and left. We left and started wine tasting and called around 2:00 to see if anything was available. She said that both rooms were ready and so we went to check in. She said she had two rooms with two queen beds ready for us. I didn't book two bedrooms with two queen beds. I booked one bedroom with one King bed and one with two queen beds. I told her as much feeling very confused to which she rudely responded that I had booked through a third party and that was the information that came through. She rudely told me that that we had reserved (not showing me what she was looking at on the screen). I was looking up my original confirmation and booking information when I asked "So there are no King type bedrooms here" to which she responded that there were poor people that had lost their homes etc. and that had I booked through them she might have been able to do something all with an attitude. She said that if I didn't want it she would be happy to cancel since there were plenty of people that would take the rooms. She also kept talking about the poor people. I asked again trying to make my question more clear if that was the only type of bedroom they had on the premises, but she kept cutting me off and saying "mama I already told you this is all I have" basically take it if you want it or leave. I couldn't believe that she was and had been so rude. I told her to go ahead and cancel the rooms and told her she didn't have to be so rude. She said "mam you keep asking me if I have King rooms and I don't I already told you. You keep coming every two hours asking if your room is ready..." I tried to respond calmly, but she kept talking over me. I told her this had never happened to me before either in Solvang (although we had always stayed at Hadsten every year we went) or with Booking.com. I told her to provide me with a copy of whatever it was she was looking at and she said she would email it to me. I told her all I was asking is if all you have ever at any point in time is this type of room because I was trying to figure out if it really was a mistake on Booking.com's part. I would have taken the room had she answered me calmly and handled the situation differently. It almost seemed like she had a chip on her shoulder and I felt that at any minute she was going to tell me I should be grateful I even have a room. She seemed to be very judgmental and almost upset that we were taking these peoples rooms even though we had booked this months in advance. We had already gone through earlier through the La Tuna Canyon fire and had just went through the Creek Fire here in Sylmar where family members and friends had lost their homes. I was beside myself at the lack of hospitality and poor managerial skills this girl exuded. Regardless of what your personal feelings are it is my opinion that you leave that at the door before walking in to work. You never know who you are talking to or what their personal lives are like. Luckily for us Hadsten was more then willing to accommodate our last minute stay. Needles to say I will not be recommending this hotel that does look run down and is perhaps $30 less a night then the Hadsten property which is right next door. Also, When I received the email it said that both the Classic King and Classic Queen (2 beds) had been cancelled. I guess I should be thankful that they at least waived the cancellation fee. If I was you I would save my money and look elsewhere. Not sure if she is the only person up front, but she definitely left a sour taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jaznil V
Lisa W, General Manager at Kronborg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Dear Jaznil V,

We're sorry you decided not to stay with us. It's been a difficult time for our area with the Thomas Fire keep spreading. Our normal check-in time is 3 pm and early check ins may be accommodated based on availability. On the day you were trying to check in early we could not accommodate your request due to hosting evacuees affected by the Thomas Fire.
Thank you for your understanding!

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed in an upgraded room that was nice, clean and comfortable. It's within walking distance from downtown Solvang and has free breakfast and free parking. We enjoyed our stay. Many of the Reims look out onto the pool.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Lisa W, General Manager at Kronborg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear Californiamama145,

Thank you so much for this 5 star review. We are so happy you found our hotel comfortable in a great location!

We hope to see you soon!!