Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort
King Frederik Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$98
  • Breakfast included
Royal Copenhagen Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
US$123
Hotwire.com
The Landsby(Solvang)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$154
All reviewshorseback ridingpetting zoobreakfast and dinnerthe barntennis courtsprivate lakeair riflecraft roommusical chairstwo coursesarts and craftscowboy poetryoatmeal piebald eaglesfamily vacationsycamore treesguinea pigs
Reviewed 31 March 2015

My wife and daughter joined me on an impromtu two night visit last week. We were in town of Solvang for a family visit and did not want to stay in the normal tourist hotels. We checked in here about 3 pm and were warmly greeted and shown our villa. I would say the accomodations were very clean but on the rustic side. No TV in the rooms is part of the tradition. We enjoyed a fanstatic pool that we had close access to. Ample supplies of towells were available and the grounds and housekeeping kept everything in immaculate condition. Breakfast and Dinner is included in the stay. We didnt get to enjoy the dinner as we had other options but the breakfast and service was beyond first class!!

I would recommend the suites which are one bedroom and 1.5 baths with a sleeper sofa in the living room. The fireplace is a very nice touch, wood burning and they clean it every night and restock the wood.

Lunch is not included in the price. We had a guest lunch join us as well. When checking out - we mentioned that we were unable to use the dinner service as we had other obligations and they comped the lunches!

This place is great tradition for long time families and thanks to Trip Advisor, we booked it sight unseen and are so glad we did! We will be back!

Room Tip: Request a room close to the pool if you want a great spot
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank JohnPharr
TracyFrost, Guest Relations Manager at Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Ranch.

Reviewed 31 March 2015

Alisal Ranch offers over 10,000 acres of great trails for horseback riding for all levels. They have excellent horse, knowledgeable wranglers and unbelievable acres of riding trails. They also have two golf courses, a large lake with lots of fishing, boating, archery, air rifle, swimming, jacuzzi, spa, workout gym and more. The food is excellent as is the service. The rooms are great and have been recently updated. A great place for a family vacation.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank 3818stacy

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your stay with us. We hope to see you back at the Ranch very soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2015

The perfect place to relax and smell the fresh mountain air. Once you've recharged your batteries there are many fun activities on offer such as riding a horse to a breakfast spot in the mountainside, golfing, walking, wine tasting, massages and sitting by the pool. We went as a couple, but will definitely be taking our family back to this place. It's very special and very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katy K
Reviewed 26 March 2015

The approach to the ranch is through a row of sycamore trees with one side of the road grass with grazing horses and the other side small, intimate cabins. After checking in you are directed to other cabins, such as the golf view cabins or the many other cabins that boarder the various open lawns. All around the property are these beautiful, enormous sycamore trees with beautiful flowers and flowering bushes surrounding every area. The grounds are immaculate, serene and pleasing to the senses. The horse barns are just to the side of the main reception lodge and two bridges cross a steam (dry much of the time) to gain access to the main grounds. The dinning area and bar are in a beautiful lodge and across the green is the library. An enormous, warm swimming pool with an adjacent hot spa invites you to enjoy. There is shuffleboard, basketball, a horseshoe pit, basketball court and at least 5 tennis courts and two golf courses to play. It has everything! But, you don't have to do everything. We just played golf, swam, ate and relaxed. What a nice 3 days we had. Plus, the staff was so accommodating and courteous (all except for Jerry at the Ranch Golf course. Hate to say it but he was a grouch). Other than Jerry, I can give everyone we met an unqualified "5 star" score for being nice people that wanted to insure we had the best possible stay. Alisal is a place I definitely want to return to. Although we were a golfing group (who loved to eat and drink wine) this place would be great for family reunions and for families with kids. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there.

Room Tip: From what I could see, the golf view rooms were the most secluded and quietest but all of the "cabins" we upgraded, modern and comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank tojo25Visalia
Reviewed 20 March 2015

This is SO much more than a hotel! I have traveled a lot and I would rate this as tied to my 12 trips to Hawaii (which I would have sworn was not possible)! Of course it's a totally different experience, but it will make it difficult from here on to decide which place to go for my family's annual vacation!
I went for a site visit for my company. I didn't want to leave! The STAFF is the most attentive and friendly I have ever had - across the board. In EVERY area - not just a few. My co-worker, who rarely gives more than a 7 out of 10 for ANYTHING gave this a 12 out of 10!!! He was blown away also, as were our clients and the rest of our company. Horseback riding available (2 x's per day), the food was FABULOUS! The portions CRAZY HUGE! My husband & I did not eat lunch for 3 days since we were full to the brim from the breakfasts and dinners. The CHEF was A MAA ZING!!! Group rides out to the early 1900's Adobe with an enormous breakfast waiting to you camp style was a huge success and so much fun for all. I can't wait to go back!!! VERY SPECIAL PLACE to make memories with your entire family and good friends.

Room Tip: All rooms are ranch style with Pendleton blankets. If you want a 5 star fancy hotel, this is not the place to go. If you want a comfortable, family feeling this is totally the place to go.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business