All reviews pastry shop small kitchen the check in process bed was comfortable free breakfast cute hotel local bakery one night in town great location wine tasting dresser hamlet furniture danish blinds copenhagen
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

We liked it here. Room 4 was fine. It was easily accessible. Bed was comfortable. It was a cold night and the bathroom was cold and the hot water was not very hot. The heater in the room was noisy. The check in staff was friendly and accommodating.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Although I admit the room was clean it was not what it was advertised to be. First was the fact that the description included a tub shower combination. Only a shower in the bathroom. The sink has a very very small counter space and the hot water faucet was completely stripped so turning on the hot water was an adventure. Checking in was another snafu. There is no office at the building you stay in. It is about 2 1/2 blocks away. Two very small plagues were placed on the front and back of the building which were not easily noticed. There was no apparent or prominent info on this in the room description either. Once we found the office we let them know we were not very happy about this arrangement. I immediately asked where the ice machine was as it was literally 109° outside. There, at the office, was a very small machine sitting on a table. The lady said I could take some with me and call for more if I wanted more. This was totally crazy as we were paying $239 that night and the next for a room worth $79 at best. With these rates they should have an ice machine available on sight. Yes it was Labor Day weekend but this was still an extremely over priced room at that rate. Also advertised was that this was a room with a view. I guess if you like looking at an alley way and dead end street as well as the side of a large white wall across the street you could deceptively say it had a view. I could not recommend this establishment for more than $79 per night and even then would tell anyone to check for another hotel/inn before booking this place. Also there were 8 rooms and 7 parking spaces. Had to park a block away on the second night.

Room Tip: Read add carefully.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Ernie S
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We stayed at the Atterdag hotel for one night and the staff was very accommodating - we arrived late and were able to make arrangements so that the check in process was not an issue at all. The room itself was minimal but great - a table with two chairs, small couch, small kitchen area, and probably the most comfortable bed I've slept in in my entire life. It was like sleeping on a cloud - compliments to whoever selected the mattress and bedding. The only negative I would even mention is that the room had kind of a strange smell.

Also worth noting: This hotel is situated in walking distance of tons of cute restaurants and businesses and has free parking on-site.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the Atterdag Inn for one night from a couple of days of Wine Tasting at Santa Ynez. We do this trip twice a year and will stay one night in Solvang so we've stayed at numerous places in town. I really liked our room! It was very clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and although it was a no frills place on the outside, the room itself was great with modern upgrades. One of the best rooms we've stayed in of all the typical Solvang inns in town.
Will stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2017

Only 8 rooms but the Atterdag Inn in Solvang is a perfect place to stay. Quiet property with nice courtyard. Rooms were very clean and comfortable as well as reasonably priced. Very central to the town and very walkable. Free breakfast at the Danish bakery was simple but tasty...Coffee and a sweet roll........perfect start to our day. You check in at the Hamlet a block away and the staff there was wonderful. They even helped us book a last minute wine tasting to 4 wineries in the area.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple