MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa
Ledson Hotel(Sonoma)
Swiss Hotel(Sonoma)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen(Sonoma)
Sonoma Hotel(Sonoma)
  • Breakfast included
  • Spa
  • Pool
All reviewssaddles restaurantoutdoor showerwine and cheesegrounds are beautifulwine countrycomplimentary continental breakfastsonoma squareeach eveningturn down servicehuge bathroomdvd playersitting areaa nice touchnice poolsteam roombagelsromantic getaway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have been staying at MacArthur Place for years. This centrally located property is Beautiful, especially in the Spring and Summer, when the gardens are in full bloom! A walk through the gardens at this time of year is Therapeutic with the presence of Lavender and Oregano! Every member of the staff, in particular Ms Bunky, go out of their way to make you feel like you are at home! The Spa Experience is excellent and the hosted wine tasting each evening is a nice touch!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Every year my husband and I go to the Sonoma/Napa area and always stay at the Inn. First class from check in to checkout. Conveniently located to downtown. The amminities provided are top of the line. HH in the library has great local wines, cheese and fruits. You meet other guest and we’ve formed some good friendships. The Saddle restaurant is great for breakfast, however, We’ve never had dinner, we’ve been told it’s superb. A MUST STAY if in the area

Room Tip: We usually stay in one of the cottages/duplex. They are spacious and private
Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2018

I stayed at the MacAthur Place for two nights on buisness trip.
On my arrival I was disappointed to see that they had no Valet service for a 4 star hotel..
The room had a funny smell and the fourniture looked old. The bed was not comfortable.I was unable to sleep for the two nights.It was also very noisy as you can hear people from the other rooms and doors clapping.The restaurant was a DISASTER.Staff was rude and the quality of the food poor.
I think the whole hotel needs renovation.For a young buisness traveler i would not recommand this hotel.I am in the hospitality industry and I think that the rates are way too high for what you get.Very disappointing

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank kristine917
Bill B, General Manager at MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Please accept my apologies about your recent visit, and thank you for taking the time to speak with us so we were able to identify areas where we can continue to improve. We are excited to have a year long enhancement of our guest rooms and public areas beginning next month which will include the addition of Valet service and take the property to a 5-star level.
Please reach out to me on your next visit as it would be my pleasure to assist you.
Best regards,
Bill Blum

Reviewed 23 January 2018

First time my wife and I stayed here and we loved it. Customer service we impeccable, very nice, attentive, genuine. Our room was spacious, very clean, well decorated, quiet, big bathroom and tub, again very hygienic and clean. Close to the town square. We are looking for another weekend getaway here soon. You will not regret staying here.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Large comfortable well appointed rooms, each unique among several different buildings (more like houses or cottages) with winding paths through gardens connecting them all. Charming, welcoming, close walk to shops and dining. Complimentary wine tasting with delectable cheese and fruits served each afternoon. Will stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends