Free cancellation until 25/07
US$211
US$175
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

Free cancellation until 21/07
US$299
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$343/night.

El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 23/07
US$255
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$286/night.

Inn at Sonoma, A Four Sisters Inn(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$279
El Pueblo Inn(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$179
Ledson Hotel(Sonoma)
US$375
An Inn 2 Remember(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$179
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$224/night.

Hidden Oak Inn(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$275
The Cottage Inn & Spa(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
US$275
1,421 results
All reviewssante restaurantbathing ritualvalet staffgolf clubwater towerself parkingwine countrymain poolmain buildinglobby barjunior suitecomplimentary bottle of winehot springsbeautiful propertywood burning fireplacefitness centerresort fee
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Our second visit to this property, we arrived the week before Christmas and found that our visit was even more exceptional then we had anticipated. The elegant and rustic holiday decor led the way to create cozy afternoon wine tastings by the fireside. From the moment we arrived, the front desk team including Ian, listened to our requests and selected a great room for us.
Our stay was made all the more amazing because of the extraordinary enthusiasm, interest and knowledge of the Concierge team. Debra, Lupita and Max were greatly involved in our everyday and evening adventures. They were so personable and always looked to perfect all things wine country. Debra and Lupita are perhaps the best concierge team that we have encountered in our numerous visits to Fairmont properties.

We do not always depend upon concierge teams to assist us with our itinerary, and I cannot emphasize enough how their suggestions and arrangements made for a seamless, happy wine country week.
The use of the town car and driver were so helpful when going into town for afternoon shopping or dinner.
We enjoyed the spa and had a couple's massage with a great team. The use of the mineral pools indoor and outdoor mineral pool and baths at the spa became a daily ritual and the spa staff are lovely. We recommend the one bedroom Wine Country Villas with a balcony, if available. Firewood is delivered daily which makes for a cozy evening.

We are very thankful to have visited this Fairmont and would like to recognize
Colleen V. and the GM for having in their employ a great team throughout the property to ensure such a great experience as ours.

Room Tip: One bedroom Wine Country Villa with Balcony
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
FSMIGuestRelations, Executive Assistant to General Manager at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Hello Shelley!

Thank you so much for your kind words and compliments regarding your stay with us! We are absolutely thrilled that you had such a nice visit to the Inn! It is always such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. We wish you the best in the new year and hope to welcome you back again in the very near future!

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Exceptional property and service. Will stay again. Throughly enjoyed our stay at the Fairmont. Great location for wine tasting. The restaurant at the hotel was a great surprise and find. Well worth the visit.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. It is always such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time at the Inn and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Impeccable service and great spa experience- my only complaints are the hotel building feel a little bit like a cheap motel (cinder block lobbies of exterior buildings and cold stairwells and location- this luxury hotel is in the middle of a mediocre residential neighborhood... no signs or views that you are in beautiful Sonoma.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again and wish you a happy new year ahead.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Dinner at Sante was excellent, as was dinner at the bar and our room service. We both had excellent massages and enjoyed the spa. Most of the staff is extremely friendly (check in, valet, at the bar, the spa, all very nice!)
We are a quick drive away, so we have stayed at this hotel many times over the last 5 years, always in a Mission Suite room. This visit, I made the mistake of booking a 1 bedroom suite at the "winter in winecountry" rate. I thought this room would be an upgrade to the Mission suite, as it is advertised as such and is slightly more expensive. Picking this room was very wrong of me, as was booking at the least expensive rate category offered by the hotel on line (I do think this made a difference!)
If you are looking for a luxurious room suitable for a couple, do not opt for the one bedroom suite. We were VERY disappointed. It is advertised on line in a way that you think you are getting the Mission suite with an extra room. You are not. Bathtub will not fit 2 people, let alone 1 person who is over 6' tall, shower is small and ours had a steep slope on the floor. There's 1 sink, not 2, with limited counter space. We were beside the elevator on the ground floor so that also made this room quite loud and uncomfortable. The noise early in the morning from staff and guests in the hall outside, and people walking over my head in the room above us really ruined my sleep.
I called down to the manager once we got to our room to see if i could be 'downgraded' to a Mission Suite and was told no, as all Mission suites were sold out. I found this very hard to believe with the number of 20 somethings and families I saw checking into the hotel the next day (on the 31st).
We don't get many vacations together lately, as I travel so much for work, so when we do vacation, I do like things to be perfect, and I am happy to pay to have things made perfect.
I would have been happy to pay the full rack rate (vs the special rate I had booked under) to be moved, and made this very clear in the conversation I had with the manager. I understand that it was Dec 30th and that the hotel was very busy, but please at least offer to accommodate me the next day. I'm a loyal customer to your hotel, with Fairmont Platinum status, offering to pay you a premium to accommodate me. Bump a family up into a room that is better for them, or couple who never stays at your hotel (and may never again), who wouldn't know the difference.
I'm officially turned off coming back to this hotel, and our New Year's tradition of staying here is over. I have never considered staying anywhere else in Sonoma, but we will try somewhere else next time we are in town. Another factor to consider - I don't think the Accor acquisition will be favorable to Fairmont loyalty club members (when things kick in in 2019), so even less incentive to stick with this Fairmont.

Room Tip: do not stay in room 511
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us, we are quite disappointed to learn that your stay did not reflect the level of service our reputation has been built upon. We certainly aim to provide a wonderfully memorable experience for each and every guest, and it seems we fell short of that on this visit. Your feedback is most valued and please know that we always strive for seamless guest experiences. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I was charged twice as much as I should have been. Had to dispute charges on my credit card after I spoke with a staff person who vehemently expressed that I wasn't charged and she couldn't see the charges on my account in the system. She blamed my card company and said that they should have only had a hold on the card. The card company doesn't issue the request for payment, the hotel does. To date, some of my money was refunded to me. I will need to call Fairmont yet again to investigate why the full amount wasn't refunded and get clarity and an explanation. I may have to dispute another charge. Additionally, I payed $70 to have roses in the room when I arrived, they were not there when I arrived. When the flowers were placed in the room, the card was made to me and not my guest. Really disappointing to have this level of sloppiness and lack of attention to detail. My spa experience didn't recognize the celebration I came for. One spa staff person asked me after my treatment if my guest and I received champagne to recognize the celebration. We did not. Not at the spa. Which made me question if we should have. My rejuvenation package was not at all rejuvenating, it was stress inducing and highly disappointing. Food was great, staff are generally friendly, however not all front desk staff possess financial acumen. Room was are not worth the price.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family