This trip was a last minute anniversary gift from our daughter, son, and daughter-in-law. Our stay was a two night weekend trip.
Ron at the front desk was able to get us into an available room before standard check-in time. Room was in very good condition. My wife and I were impressed with the space of the Railroad Suite room 311. Room was on the ground floor, and was in the back part of the property. Furniture was comfortable, with a large screen TV over the fireplace. A kingsize poster style bed, oak wood dresser with more than sufficient storage in drawers, two night stands with lamps, and a small TV on top of the dresser for bed viewing. A small refrigerator, a microwave, and a Keurig coffee maker were included in the room. The large 2 person (one person facing the other) jetted tub was in decent shape, and provided 6 jets on the sides (3 on each leg). Folding window louvers cover all windows and an open space between the tub and bedroom. You can watch TV from the tub! Walk in oversized shower is designed to accommodate wheelchair, so it is large. Bathroom closet has a small safe for personal items (large enough to hold a laptop). Room has an outdoor walled patio with lounge and chair (maybe more, but we didn't go out on it) Courtyard just outside our room had a gas fire pit with enough seating for 10 people. Also, a large outdoor water fountain was in the courtyard. Well lit and comfortable for enjoying relaxing time. Morning breakfast was very good, with delicious options for breakfast. BEST FREE BREAKFAST you will ever enjoy! CVS and Whole Foods across the street from inn. Town square is only about two blocks away, easily within walking distance (if you are healthy, on the weekends, probably easier to walk than find parking). Electric charging station for electric cars. Property appears to be well-maintained.
Very few negative issues of any significance. Room front door is missing weather stripping, allowing outside air and noise into room. Breakfast begins at 7am, which is in a room 20 feet from your head on your pillow in this room (which does not have any soundproofing in the walls). THANKFULLY, upstairs guests could not be heard walking or talking, but we could hear their jetted tub drain. Heating/air conditioning unit is quite noisy, but most units at all hotels are noisy. Filter was dirty, as was the filter grille. [Note to management: Filters need to be changed every 90 days MAX at a hotel: too much foot traffic. I'm just an HVAC contractor, so...]There is no fan in the bathroom, so bring your air spray and be prepared for foggy mirrors. Also, there is no magnifying makeup mirror, but there is good lighting in the bathroom. No jets in the tub for your backs, which a major downer. Very little space in bath closet to hang clothes. Finally, before breakfast, breakfast staff get ice from the ice machine, which is 10 feet from your head on the pillow.
We did not use the hot tub or pool, so we have no comment. However, I would have to say I was surprised by how well-apportioned the room was, the space and the amenities. Noise at breakfast was the only major drawback. If that is a problem, you may want to stay upstairs. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay and the facilities, and would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to BEST WESTERN Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center! Hotels near Sonoma wineries are known for their superior location, but our Sonoma hotel goes above and beyond by providing the best customer service in town. Are you looking for hotels near wineries? Our Sonoma hotel is conveniently located near the best vineyards for endless wine tasting and exploration. Historical downtown Sonoma is a few minutes away, and were a popular choice for wedding destinations. When youre within walking distance to downtown Sonoma, the charm of the city is literally at your doorstep. Enjoy the best fine dining and shopping in town. Hotels in downtown Sonoma make traveling easy for guests. At our Sonoma hotel, you never have to go far for a great meal, wine or shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn And Krug Event Center
- Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Hotel Sonoma
- Best Western Sonoma
- Sonoma Valley Inn
- Sonoma Best Western