“Great way to start a trip into Yosemite”
Review of My Garden Cafe

My Garden Cafe
Ranked #17 of 92 Restaurants in Sonora
Reviewed 11 August 2017

My Garden Cafe was quite a pleasant surprise.

I ate there using a coupon from Aladdin Inn and expected the food to be 'ok' but nothing special.

I was wrong. The food was really made perfectly (for a diner). The waffle was big, airy and light. The eggs were tender and well prepared (over-medium). There was a healthy portion of bacon that came along side of it. It was just solid and tasty. Not the cheap eats I expected.

But the prices are pretty cheap and the staff it friendly. I ate at the counter and people treated me like I was a local. I appreciated not feeling like another tourist...even though I was. :)

Aladdin is is great and so is this cafe that is nearby. I'd definitely eat here regularly is this place was in SF.

1  Thank andrewlibson

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Came here because the hotel next door had a breakfast voucher, and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food.

I had a ham and cheese omelet the first day and substituted toast for the hash browns it came with. They served the toast with homemade gooseberry jam, which was a nice touch and very good. The omelet was surprisingly good, nice chunks of ham and good cheese, so the next day I ordered it again, with country hash browns, which were really excellent. The coffee was decent and the service was friendly and efficient.

They have a big room in the back for larger parties, as needed. Prices on the menu were regular diner fare. I'd go here again without the voucher.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

I rarely write reviews, only if the restaurant is exceptionally good or bad. Sadly, this is the latter.
We came for breakfast and the place was crowded, and extremely cold. I had to go out to the car to get a blanket for the kids.
The service was extremely slow, we had to wait about 10-15 before someone took our order. No one refilled the coffee until it was time to leave.
The food was good, except there was a long hair in my nieces pancakes. There was flies and the place looked dirty. I will never go back.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

This was our first time at My Garden Cafe. The food was very fresh and perfectly prepared. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. The restaurant was very very clean. The cafe is set back from the highway so it is hard to spot but find the Aladdin Motel and it is right next door. We will be back! :)

Reviewed 20 June 2017

This is a cute little diner that shares a parking lot with the Aladdin Inn. It has a warm atmosphere and the food is really fantastic with homemade jam and everything. A great deal!

Been to My Garden Cafe? Share your experiences!