“Yummy food!”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Stopped by for a late lunch the other day after finding Tortilla Flats online when I needed a place to take my daughters to eat. I was worried that due to the location we might not find parking but was happily surprised to find a small public lot directly behind the restaurant. We were seated right away and enjoyed great salsa and chips. The food and service were both very good. As it's a smallish restaurant, I would probably recommend more for couples or others who don't have wild toddlers with them as we did that day, since it's cozy and you could easily disturb other guests.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Tortilla Flats features authentic Mexican traditional dishes along with special weekends featuring regional Mayan and Yucatan fare. A recurring favorite is The Mole Celebration, all the creations are thoroughly researched and special spices sought out by owner, Cheryl Marquez.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Tortilla Flats was my favorite Mexican Restaurant for the longest time.

I met my cousin in early December for dinner and I had raved and raved about the food, the Tapas, the owner, just how much I liked it.

I was so disappointed. I can't say that I'll never go back, but it will be a while.

I am in the business, so its not like I'm picking on the restaurant. I had the Mexican tacos, which on the menu says its shredded pork. It didn't say what kind of shredded pork. What it was, was the frozen shredded pork we use for pulled pork sandwiches. As soon as I bit into my taco, I realized it wasn't pork butt, that it wasn't cooked in house, but something that came frozen from the vendor. I know the taste, I know how it looks.
I once got into a really interesting conversation with Cheryl the owner about her chili's and her garden, and I thought, I've hit the jackpot. Finally a Mexican restaurant that uses fresh ingredients just like in Mexico. I didn't mind that some of the dishes reflected a fusion of Spanish and French. I just loved this place. I loved the way they served the salsa.
I hid my disappointment from my cousin, but I just had this sick feeling that Tortilla Flats was going by way of everyone else and cutting corners, and the food would be suffering. And it did.
Bring back the love Cheryl! Tortilla Flats used to serve awesome food...............

Reviewed 27 October 2016

If you want great southwest Mexican food you have found your spot! The Green Chile corn tamales were amazing and the mole was good as well. Your lunch won't be cheap but it will be good. The margarita was actually too strong for me, so be careful if you are a lightweight drinker like I am.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

Nothing like a dinner at Tortilla Flats! We've been a dozen times, at least! Several delightfully flavored molés are always available, but owner Cheryl Marquez makes sure to add even more kinds of molé during her periodic molé festivals.

I love the Original Margarita (special ordered with tequila to your taste, no salt and a float of Cointreau), and the chips with Salsa for starting out. The Poblano Relleno is actually my favorite: Roasted poblano chile filled with goat cheese, chorizo, green onions and scallions, with roasted red pepper sauce and sour cream. It is enough for a small dinner, whether or not you want to order a side of rice & beans, or double this appetizer for a very substantial meal.

Tortilla Flats is well set up for vegan and vegetarian diners as well, just ask.