“Great place to stay if you have multiple destinations”

Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Excellent location if you want to travel to places in San Francisco and beyond. The holiday inn express is very close to the freeway. So, you can hop on very quickly and don't go through much street traffic which can waste 30 min. Just watch out for rush hours (7 am -9 am and 5 pm to 7 pm) which can slow down to a crawl.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. Internet is quick. There is a small refrigerator as usual to hold drinks and other perishables.

Very nice friendly staff. Affordable prices, but please book in advance. Sometimes, there are a lot of conventions which can cause the rates to go up quite quickly!

Room Tip: Book early for best rates.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback, we are very happy to hear that our hotel, and our location in particular, were appropriate for your needs. Many of our guests, like you, find our proximity to the freeway to be very convenient indeed. It sounds as if our hotel was ideal for your needs in every way, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Best Regards,
Holiday Inn Express SFO
Customer ExperienceTeam

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

I am a Spire Elite member with IHG and have been to this hotel numerous times in the past. What transpired is unacceptable and the manager should be fired!!!

My mother-in-law had a stroke, I missed my trip out to SFO, I called them on the day I was supposed to be there. I asked that the charge be waived due to circumstances beyond my control. They wouldn't budge saying the hotel "policy" is you must cancel by 6 pm the night before. I told them that would be great if she had a stroke then, not today. The GM said he would call me back in a few hours since I was on my way back to the hospital. He never did.

I called him back 24 hours later. He said, and I quote "I haven't decided what I want to do yet." Seriously? Is he waiting for a certain date to pass so he gets credits from corporate? He said he would call me back on Friday. It came and went. I called corporate on Saturday.

Corporate was amazing, they said they got ahold of him and he would refund half of my charge, and they would send me a check for the other half. A few days went by and corporate's check came and I deposited it. The Holiday Inn Express did NOT refund anything, but charged me a second time for the stay!!!

Back to corporate, and talking to the Assistant Manager. I was ready to file theft and credit card fraud charges on them for billing me again. The Assistant manager finally made good.

Absolutely the worse GM in a hospitality organization. We never know when something will go wrong, but it would be nice to know that there are humans out there. Here there are not.

If the property wants to challenge me on this review, fine. I have deep pockets and time. It is about ethics.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Realtravelingthomas
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you, Thomas for leaving us such a detailed review. We are very sorry to hear of your mother-in-law's stroke, and we hope that she is recovering well. We apologize sincerely for the delay and confusion surrounding your refund - this should, of course, have been processed immediately once it had been sanctioned. We are thoroughly investigating why this was not done - there seems to have been a genuine error made when you were charged again rather than being refunded. We will ensure that our procedures and protocols are updated to ensure that such an issue does not arise again. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope that you will consider staying with us again when you are next in town.

Best Regards,
Holiday Inn Express SFO
Customer ExperienceTeam

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Stayed here overnight for my nephew's wedding in The City. Having stayed here before on business my expectations were high--and I was not disappointed.

The staff were all friendly and eager to assist in any way. We were traveling with my brother & sister in law and upon check asked if we could have adjoining rooms. At first this seemed not possible, yet after a bit of resorting, was able to make it happen!

While not huge the room is spacious and clean. The bed quite comfortable, although the pillows were far to soft for me. But that's just personal feelings, my wife thought they were great.

In-room coffee and a small refrigerator and microwave.

The hotel also has a pool / Jacuzzi and a work out room with weights and treadmills.

Free breakfast does not disappoint either and consists of assorted cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, pastries, eggs, pancakes, sausage, biscuits juices, and coffee.

They also have regular shuttle service to the S F Airport.

No 5th star only due to the $10.00 parking fee.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
kamesh n, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Good morning,

We are truly elated that you are not only disappointed with your stay but you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities we had to offer. We thank you for recognizing our team for their eagerness to assist our valued guests. We appreciate your liking our breakfast bar had to offer and we sincerely appreciate and thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I booked this hotel months in advance...prepaid for the three nights because it was cheaper. A week before we arrived my nephew died so I wanted to cancel the room and get my money back...nope. They refused to refund my money. The airline, rental car, other hotels and even a bay tour was all refunded. So this cost me over $600 and never stayed at this hotel.....and believe me with this kind of customer service, I never will!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Hello Nonie C,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco-Airport North, CA. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I was very disappointed in this Holiday Inn Express. First off, they usually greet us as Platinum Elite members. That did not happen at all. We got no welcome gift, no anything. The Lady at the desk was not friendly. She checked us in. Her name was Fran. After she checked us in for the Park and fly, I asked her where we would need to go when we got back to catch the shuttle. She replied, " Well you just go outside and go across, I THINK it is stand 14". I looked at her and said, " You THINK or you KNOW"? She replied.. I think it is stand 14.. OH MY GOODNESS! So we went to our room and when we got there there was a bag of garbage in front of our door! We had to park our dolly in the hall and carry everything into the room past the garbage because we didn't want to touch it. I called and reported the lady at the desk and they said they were going to call her. I said I didn't think that was a good idea because she might retaliate.. They said she would not She also did not credit my rewards points.. I called down and asked for a wake up call. She asked me if I would like them to call my cell phone in case the phone wasn't working. I replied yes. Guess what??? NO WAKE UP CALL.. Thankfully I woke up and did not miss my plane. This gave me a very bad opinion of this hotel and I am afraid that is why the rating is so low. Really our room was alright and everyone else did a good job. Our car was still there when we got back. Would I stay there again.. Maybe if Fran wasn't there. I don't think she shows the care we usually see at the IGH hotels.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sally J,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased to see your high rating with regards to the location of our hotel. On the other hand, I am sorry for the unexpected experience you had with the service and response you received from our front office staff. I am also sorry for the inconvenience you had with the cleanliness of your room. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For this reason, we find your comments troubling. Nevertheless, I've noted down your comments and passed them over to our internal teams so they can check the areas that may need further/more attention.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for being our loyal IHG Rewards Club Platinum member. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to send us an email at IHGService@ihg.com or contact our Manager-on-Duty.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
0.1 km away
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#2 of 27 in South San Francisco
0.3 km away
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl...
#12 of 27 in South San Francisco
4.1 km away
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
1.6 km away
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 27 in South San Francisco
1.2 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#15 of 27 in South San Francisco
1.3 km away
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#3 of 27 in South San Francisco

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North? Share your experiences!