“Excellent sushi/sashimi. Service is OK. Prices OK.”
Review of Izanami

Izanami
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 16 June 2016

I've eaten here I think 3 times now in the last two years. The prices seem to have gone up since the last time I ate there and the service was very slow when it came to pay the bill. With that being said, the sushi and sashimi is still top notch and has generous portions.

Reviewed 24 May 2016

Just returned from dinner at Izanami in SSF. Very disappointing. The service was nonexistent. The restaurant was not crowded. Two servers & two sushi chefs serving a smattering of tables. We waited for 10 minutes for a server to visit our table. Ordered beer, sake, miso soup, edamame & 3 rolls. After about 10 minutes the server brought the edamame. After another 5 minutes the server brought the sake. After that the servers were no where to be seen. The sushi chiefs were not busy. We flagged the server when he emerged and asked about our beers. A few minutes the beers appeared. When he brought the beers we asked about the miso soup which also appeared a few minutes later. When he brought the soup we asked how much longer the rolls would be. The server spoke with the chiefs who apparently did not have our order. Summary, terrible service & the sushi is just so-so. I'm working in San Francisco for the next 9 weeks & I love sushi but I will not be back to Izanami. Don't waste your time.

Reviewed 31 March 2016

Their daily sushi specials are the place to start! And they have more than sushi! Great sake selection. Staff is always busy, but they manage to service the diners quite well.

Reviewed 10 February 2016

I came here on a whim out of a suggestion from a coworker who had heard good things about them. So about a month ago I decided to give it a go and since then I have been back already 2 times for dinner.

The staff are very friendly and chatty. The food is a tad bit more expensive then other places i have been to but the quality is just so different. The sushi is fresh and tasty. Each time i try to order different sushi rolls and appetizers. Hands down the Paradise roll, Kobe Beef Roll and pork belly skewers were delicious! If you sit at the sushi bar, the gentlemen behind the sushi making station love to chat about everything, so helps keep the good atmosphere vibe going. I have even ordered take out from here and its all been packed up well, ready to consume.

Will be making more trips back to try more new items. = )

Reviewed 4 January 2016

I've ordered catering from this restaurant and also been onsite 5-6 times. This is the only place is SSF that has fresh sushi for catering. Much better than what Yoko's used to offer. The teriyaki trays (chicken, beef, salmon) are usually favorites to order for catering. Sushi is fresh. One thing to beware of, one of the delivery people was caught searching through a business office after the food delivery. This person may have stolen iphones from our office building in the past. I hope the restaurant fired that guy!