“You won't be disappointed with the Sandpiper...”
Review of Sandpiper Lodging

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stinson Beach
Sandpiper Lodging
Reviewed 22 March 2008

We arrived at the Sandpiper after a flight from the UK and could not have felt more relaxed and comfortable. Both the Inn and Stinson Beach itself were perfect - the website does not do the place justice.

We witnessed a beautiful sunset on the beach that evening. The sound of the sea at night was gorgeous.

We could not fault the room which was spotless and comfortable, and included a kitchenette which was fine to cook stuff in but if you take a room without one, there were some lovely cafes and restaurants in the town. Other local amenities include a grocery store and and bookshop.

Some recommended activities in the area include walking the Dipsea/Steep ravine/Matt Davis trails in a loop; going to the Point Reyes Bird Observatory at sunrise and seeing the hummingbirds, and heading up to the National Seashore.

We highly recommend staying at the Sandpiper!!! You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank scoobnspanx

Reviewed 13 September 2007

I took my mom out to Stinson Beach for a night on our way up to Napa and we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived late to the Sandpiper Inn. Our room was fantastic - a little sitting area outside, tile floors, adorable decorations, a coffee maker - and the perfect place to explore Stinson Beach. The beach itself was just down the street and we walked into town for a wonderful breakfast. We both commented on wanting to stay longer but we had to get on the road early for our next destination. We'll definitely be back....

Stayed: August 2007
10  Thank MontanaLB
Reviewed 17 May 2007

What a cute hotel! The garden was very pretty. The front desk had a great selection of videos & dvds. I was sorry our family only had one night there. The town is low key & funky. We could hear the surf from the hotel. The staff was friendly. The fireplace made the room really cozy.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
15  Thank ThreeInPrescott
Reviewed 4 March 2007

Our escape from Colorado snow to Northern California was all the more enjoyable thanks to the Sandpiper Inn. When my friend and I waved goodbye to our hubbies and kids for a little get-away we had hoped for a little sunshine. That's just what we got - a little! Intermittent showers and gusting winds made it challenging, especially when we went to Point Reyes, one of my favorite destinations. My friend had never been to No. California (my husband's family lives in Concord/Walnut Creek area) so I really wanted to show her the best of the area. For me that translates to 'ocean views'. We were on a shoestring budget and fortunately we were traveling in the off-season. I researched places to stay near the ocean, outside of San Francisco, within easy drive of Oakland Airport AND affordable. Seemed like a tough bill to fill until I found the Sandpiper's website. When I called to make the reservation the gal with whom I spoke recommended a specific room for us (Room 6, $95.00/ off-season). A couple weeks later we blew down the hill from Point Reyes to the Sandpiper, cold, wet, and hungry. It was nearly dark when we arrived. The motel is small. It's outward appearance is neat and well taken care of but unassuming. However, it's when we stepped into our room that the motel's charm cast its spell. The room had everything you can imagine, from a cozy electric woodstove, to a TV, fridge, microwave, a picnic basket, beach towels, rollaway bed, and wonderful soaps and shampoo's. Best of all, the view to the left from our little porch was beautiful! There, through the trees and between some low lying buildings, was the ocean. We opened our windows and could hear the crash of the waves. Next morning we discovered a foot path just down the street that led to the beach. This little gem is just a stone's throw from two wonderful restaurants, too. For breakfast I recommend the Parkside Cafe and for dinner, the Sand Dollar. Anyway, we couldn't have asked for a nicer stay. And the innkeeper and staff are warm and friendly, too. You can't go wrong here!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with friends
23  Thank Dineyander
Reviewed 18 August 2006

We stayed at the Sandpiper Inn for one night and the stay was simply perfect. Very friendly staff, clean and big rooms, lovely surroundings, and awesome location. The perfect place to stay if you are looking for a nice and calm motel.

• Stayed: August 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
27  Thank isustudent
14.7 km away
Hotel Sausalito
Hotel Sausalito
#4 of 4 in Sausalito

Been to Sandpiper Lodging? Share your experiences!