“Seasonal, local, fresh ingredients.”

Country Gourmet American Bistro
Ranked #26 of 380 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

We were fortunate that Country Gourmet was only a mile from our home. Chef Jimmy Connors creates several new specials each week along with standard menu favorites. The Mexican Salad with its jalapeño citrus vinaigrette is a vegetarian treat. Freshly baked bread and rolls are available with seasoned vinegars and fresh olive oil for dipping. For breakfast, the blueberry/walnut coffee cake is moist and rich. Home fries are delicious with egg dishes. Cinnamon orange tea is sweet and spicy without added sugar. Lots of favorites here. Wish we still lived in the area.

1  Thank L D

Reviewed 3 May 2016

I've been returning to Country Gourmet since its inception in 1986. It offers great breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. There's a standard menu plus it offers specials each day posted on a blackboard. Has wine, beer, desserts, great coffees, etc. You order at the counter and the food is brought to you. Always good, healthy cuisine. Try it.... Tonight I tried the Spinach Pappardelle w Chicken and wild mushrooms, caramelized shallots and Meyer Lemon. I've never much cared for pasta, but I ate every bite of this and loved it enough to be writing this review.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

I came here with my partner and some friends over the weekend and we were all not that thrilled by the experience. Nothing was terribly wrong with the service or the food but nothing was really "good" about it either. They are a little weird in their set up as it is like Harry's Hofbrau where you walk in and order up front and then find a seat.

Food & Customer Service:
I had the Spinach Omelette which is "spinach, sauteed mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, Swiss and cream cheese and i asked for bacon to be added. There was too much cream cheese in the omelette and although nothing was bad about it, I just was not impressed. The flavor was "ok" and a bit on the bland side. I did not realize my meal did not come with potatoes and when I asked one of the guys walking around he showed me it did not come with it but he went and got me some potatoes which was exceptional customer service! Unfortunately the potatoes like the eggs were just "ok" once I added some salt, pepper and hot sauce they were fine. The only thing I really liked was the excellent pancake I tried that one of my friends had. If you come here, I recommend the pancakes!

The type of people eating here were a lot of people that seemed to be in their 60's and up so I am guessing this is why the food was "ok" and on the bland side.

Bathroom:
The bathroom was well kept but the sink is behind where the door opens, so I wound up hitting some poor guy as I walked in that was standing at the sink.

Overall, nothing was truly wrong with this place, but it just did not do it for me.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

Meet cousin for early dinner. Had never eaten here before but the experience was very pleasant. Menu for dinner was fairly extensive and priced very reasonable for the amount of food that you get. Service was excellent and quick.

Reviewed 25 January 2016

I have eaten at the Country Gourmet numerous times and the breakfast is consistently very good. My favorite is the Eggs Benedict which has always been cooked to perfection. I do, however, find the prices a bit high for what's baisically a self serve restaurant -- you stand in line to order and fetch your own coffee and water. A server does deliver the meal and bus the table. Of course, it is Calofornia!