“Good, but not inexpensive breakfast”

Country Gourmet American Bistro
Ranked #26 of 380 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 June 2017

It had been over 10 years since I had visited. At one time, the restaurant was on my path to and from work. I stopped in for breakfast while my spouse had a dental appointment across the street.
It is an "order at the counter, " pay, and be seated place. The counter worker seemed to serve a dual role since he also delivered my food. At about 10:30 AM there were a number of people eating. The site has a regular menu and a large gluten free separate menu. While I do not require gluten free, I ordered from the menu.
I had a very nice, large vegetable omelette with a small bowl of fruit. There were other choices for the sides. All in all., it was $14.99 for the omelette and a cup of tea. The food was tasty, but I would need to be in the area to revisit.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Country Gourmet is a very good place to eat breakfast. They have an excellent variety from granola to egg breakfast, omelets, and special pancakes. There is something for everyone.

The customer orders at the front “desk” then food is brought to your table. The workers are cordial for the most part but they suffer from a lot of employee turnover.

There is plenty of parking in front of the restaurant.

I have never been to Country Gourmet for lunch or dinner so I cannot evaluate those menus.

I recommend Country Gourmet for breakfast.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Been going here for years. Bangers are way better than sausage. Spinach salad with the dates is a wonderful lunch. Besides the tuna salad sandwich or salad. Great coffee and the ice tea is so tasty. A must try. Very busy at brunch time during the week. Dinners are just okay for me. Great service.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Have had lunch here many times. This was the first breakfast visit. We got there early on a Sunday (9 AM). No line, choice of tables, fast service. Order at the counter; food delivered to your table. Much easier than asking for separate checks when dining with others. The place was fairly full when we left at 10:30. Chalkboard daily specials available in addition to regular menu. Apple lemon pancakes with berry syrup (chalkboard special) and spinach Benedict were both delicious. Egg was perfectly poached and served with a side choice of potatoes or fruit. Half order of spinach B was very generous. Place is bright and cheerful, several steps above "coffee shop."

Reviewed 19 January 2017

surprisingly difficult to find a solid breakfast diner with the hight quality expectation and choices the area demands... I wish we had found Country Gourmet at the start of our trip - we would have made it our stop each morning.