“Not hassle free, don't understand english”

Comfort Inn Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I'm not thrilled, they double charged my cc which I will deal with later.
I spend 180 to 200 nights a Year in hotels.
Then when I came in at 830pm my final night I had found that the shower hd completely backed up with sewer water, I had reported it ws backing up the day before but despite their claims it was evident they did nothing.
They did not try to find another room, claimimg they were booked up but I cannot believe they were.
Empty car lots tell me more that empty unproven counter points from a desk clerk who try deal with my issue while on a personal call.
The clerk stayed on her personal call all the while she dealt with me. Talking about me in Spanish, yo entiendo espanol!
The properties response to my plea for repair was that they offered to fix it AFTER I was supposed to check out.
They did not try to find another hotel, offer another room where I could shower after some one had checked out.
When I called in the morning the desk clerk knew very little or had the details wrong.

Why do I say they don't understand the English-language, when I asked about a shipping box for UPS or FedEx the desk clerk pointed to letter holder used for the US Mail. The errors in the details point to they don't care or don't communicate very well.
Bring liquid plumber and a spanish dictionary if you start here.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This is a very nice hotel. It's clean and quiet and also on a quiet street that it a little off the main drag. The staff is friendly and interested.

Breakfast was okay, though I think the eggs were packaged or something, and somewhat limited in choices. Bed is VERY comfy, lots of pillows and 2 soft and 2 firm pillows.

Grounds were very nice, I didn't swim but the pool area looked good.

Internet access was good.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
BobDPatel, Owner at Comfort Inn Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good Evening,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and our premium bedding w/ soft & hard pillows! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I like to stay at Choice Hotels for the points & perks, and came across this newly renovated property a few trips back.
While a little pricier during the week, b/c it's in silicon valley, the price is worth it.
Both times I have stayed here, I have gotten large, newly renovated, clean rooms, and couldn't have been happier.
This time, I do have to say, they gave me an adjoining room, and my neighbor was very loud, on his speaker phone in the very early hours, but this is not the hotels fault.

Will stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Thanks for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor survey
I will pass on your complements to the staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I really liked to room. It was clean and organized. The bed was comfortable. The only thing was that the hair dryer was broken. Also, I would've liked to have freshly baked waffles for my breakfast. Overall, I enjoyed the stay a lot.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear guest,
Thanks for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor survey
I will pass on your complements to the staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Our room was clean and quiet. I only dealt with staff at check-in and he was friendly, efficient and helpful. Breakfast room was a little small but plenty of choices of food and drink. Coffee was not great but did not ruin the morning. Exceptional value for the area.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Good Evening,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!