Ferrari's Crown Resort(Kings Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$230
US$69
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$99
US$669
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
Northstar Lodge by Welk Resorts(Truckee)(Great Value!)
US$419
Travelocity
  • Pool
US$699
Tamarack Lodge(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
US$134
Official Site
US$396
US$359
US$739
Tahoe Sands Resort(Tahoe Vista)
Travelocity
All reviewsqueen bedlarge studiolake tahoeprivate beach and piergreat roomlake waterwhite christmasnorth shorewell equipped kitchenshort driveboth sidesice machineday bedfull kitchenfun and relaxingincline villageforest
Reviewed 29 December 2009

My husband and I spent Christmas here. We have rented cabins in the North Lake area before but because it was just us this year, it didnt make sense to get a whole Cabin. This place was the perfect substitute. The cabin had all the feel and cute touches of a tahoe rental without the crazy price. We stayed in Cabin #1 which is on the lake side (not lake front) and a 1-bedroom. I really appreciate that the guy helping me pick a cabin warned me that we were close to the road and would hear cars; we did in fact hear them but because we knew this would be the case in advance, it was not a problem. Great value, cute place to stay, very charming, we would definitely go back.
Bonus, they had DVDs in the office that we could check out during our visit!

Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mollydaction
Reviewed 9 December 2009

Our family stayed at the "Fran" as they call it, for 2 nights in Nov for a little get away. We were in unit 33 which is a remolded unit by the pool,with king sized beds in both rooms. There was plenty of room for the 4 of us, a good sized fridge/freezer and good cooking equipment for eating in. A cozy gas fire also. The "off season" rate made this an affordable get away. I'm sure we will do it again.
The staff was friendly and helpful with suggestions for dining etc.
For a quick trip to Tahoe, this is an inexpensive gem in a great location.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Beefriends
Reviewed 8 November 2009

What a sweet find. ON the beach with a fireplace!! Stopped through here Thursday afternoon with my girlfriend looking for something homey. The "room" was a 1-bd cabin, nicely furnished from wineglasses to plants. While a little dated, this spot with brand new furnishings would be unaffordable. Best deal of the week traveling cross country. Great restaurant/bar across the street.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DenverStew
Reviewed 28 October 2009

We stayed here for three nights in August for a quick family getaway with two teenagers. This is a reasonably priced property with rather small cabins that are nicely furnished but nothing fancy. We stayed in #37, a one bedroom, one bath unit. My daughter and I shared the one bedroom (I can't remember if it was a queen or double bed) and my son and his dad stayed on the day beds in the living room. Overall we were very happy with the cabin. We stayed on the "forest" side of the property, meaning we were away from the lake shore. That was fine with us, because our favorite spot on Lake Tahoe is Sand Harbor, a 10 minute drive away. Since we knew we'd spend all day at Sand Harbor, it wasn't so important to us to stay lake-front in our room. Plus, the rate for the forest side is excellent. With older kids it's easy to cross the road to get to the lake side where there are lots of chairs on the sand, lawn and pier. If you have younger kids, you may want to walk to the stoplight, just about 100 yards up the road. Our side of the highway had the pool which looked fine but we never had a chance to use it (after spending all day at the lake, we didn't need to). We cooked every night in our room and we used the gas grills that are on the property. It couldn't have been more perfect. We had two fridges in our room, (one was built in to the kitchenette area, the second was a stand-alone) so we had plenty of room for our food and drinks. For a quick start in the morning, we ate breakfast at one of the casinos (Tahoe Biltmore Lodge) located on the Nevada side on the way to Sand Harbor. Breakfast cost us about $5 each and it was very good. One last note: the cabins on the forest side are not stand-alone cabins, they are a row of cabins that are joined. I was worried about that, but we never heard our neighbors. I didn't take many pics of the interior of the rooms because the pics on their website are absolutely representative of what you will find in each cabin. For this price I would definitely return and perhaps ask friends of us to join us in additional cabins.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank LaSerena
Reviewed 26 October 2009

Decided to spend my 50th birthday alone up in Tahoe for a few days as a sort of contemplative retreat -- reading, hiking, praying/meditating, and getting a couple of excellent massages and bodywork done in Incline Village -- (really recommend Gwendalyn-- part owner of Aloha Skin Spa and Jane O'Brien for her myofascial bodywork at North Tahoe Physical Therapy!).
I chose Franciscan Lakeside Lodge because of the favorable online reviews.
My four night stay there completely exceeded my expectations. I happened to be very sick with a migraine headache when I arrived, and when I mentioned this to Jonette while checking in, she told me not to bother digging out my Amex card right then. She just gave me the keys and allowed me to go straight to my room. This made me feel at home and very comfortable there right away! I'd selected one of the cabins that are right on the beach. It was truly a beautiful spot -- and the cabin, itself, was very clean, roomy, and comfortable. I knew that a big rainstorm was expected, so the next day I made a nice pot of chicken soup from ingredients purchased at the Safeway up the street. A good-working gas fireplace was in the corner of the cabin -- along with a rocking chair -- and a completely unobstructed view of the beach and Lake Tahoe. I spent a lot of time sitting there reading and accessing email/internet with my iphone.
All and all I had an excellent stay there and plan to stay there again -- especially in the off season.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo