“Lots of Hype, but less delivery”
Review of Toast

Toast
Ranked #167 of 458 Restaurants in Temecula
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Description: Toast is a brunch spot open 7 days a week specializing in made-from-scratch craft food, coffees & teas, craft beer and unique cocktails. Whether you are in the mood for breakfast or lunch, we have got you covered. We even have bitchin' baristas that can make you a specialty coffee or cocktail. In a hurry, don't worry! We also offer to-go craft coffees & teas as well as to-go food!
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is a second restaurant owned by the owners of the 1909 restaurant in Temecula's Old Town. We heard great things about it and so gave it a try yesterday with some friends. We got to the restaurant rather late and close to their closing time, but they served us and never made us feel rushed in spite of the fact that we did go past their closing time.
The restaurant is minimalist in design and located in a strip shopping mall on Temecula Parkway. It is just north of Jedediah Smith Rd and on the south side of the street.
Our waitress, Haley was a delightful young lady whom we found very attentive and pleasant.She was very careful to check all of the dishes for one in our party who needs gluten free food.
The Classic Bloody Mary was excellent and they have 3-4 other types of Bloody Mary's. They also have a number of nice wine and beer choices.
The food was rather mixed for a number of reasons.
My wife ordered an omelet with vegetables and found it rather bland. But a side dish of fruit was excellent and plentiful. I had the Shrimp ceviche which was very tasty, but more soup than ceviche with a very modest portion of shrimp. It came with 6 firm, mini corn tortillas to allow one to eat the ceviche without implements. The others in our party had an excellent hamburger served on lettuce rather than on a bun and our gluten-free friend had a very nice turkey, bacon and avocado sandwich.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I love the restaurant; the industrial look, the raised booths and the decor is great. The coffee has great flavor and I love big cups. I do not write this lightly as I love this place including the name but the food seriously fell short. I have been 3 times now being reluctant to judge on an odd visit. The first occasion the chicken sandwich was good but the French fries were under cooked. The second time the sweet potato fries were crispy but cold. The most recent visit this week was the final straw for me. The lemon pancakes had the tiniest lemon flavor, the creamy stuff an the plate was tasteless and the golden brown pancakes were not golden they were brown bordering on burnt. When I turned the top one over they were dark brown I paid the bill with $20 cash.The change from the $14. 68 was $5 even. Even with basic arithmetic that is incorrect. It is so sad especially as this place is frequently very busy with a line out side the door.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Been a few of times and plan to go back, get gift certificates for friends, etc. My only complaint is that when it is busy, the place is quite packed so can be loud. But if you can get in a booth instead of a table, definitely better.
I've enjoyed the bacon flight, some day drinking, and of course my staple to judge any breakfast place is their biscuits and gravy. While not the best (See review on Fiddlehead in Seattle), it was still pretty good and my favorite I've tried in Temecula.
Love the coffee too. Have tried the pour over and couple of the lattes.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Heard about this place from friends so we needed to try it out.
We were lucky to get a table as quickly as we did. It's a small place and quite popular.
We both had coffee, I love that it comes with a little biscotti.
I ordered the Tiramisu French Toast. It sounded quite fancy but I was a bit disappointed. It has a nice layer of Mascarpone but it was unsweetened, there was just a little espresso powder but the flavors didn't really come together. Next time I think I would try a different dish. My friend had scrambled eggs and sausage well done and he was quite happy with his meal. I like that the entire menu is available all the time. The prices were average the service was great. We will surely go here again the next time I'm in town.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

First time to the new location and it was fantastic. Had a classic breakfast and it was great. Best bacon I have had in a while. Full support of Gluten Free eating, even the Toast. Will be returning often.

Been to Toast? Share your experiences!