“not a full-service restaurant”
Review of Rosa's Cantina

Rosa's Cantina
Ranked #36 of 455 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 March 2017

Temecula is a tourist town, at least in part. The old town has delightful buildings and shops. I was looking forward to a nice dinner, followed by a stroll down Front St.

I should have turned around and left the restaurant, but I was hungry, and I like Mexican food. The area is large, with many tables in several different areas. No waitress came to greet me with a menu. After a while, I went in search, only to find that I was supposed to order my own food at the counter. I did, and after a short wait, my name was called. The food comes on plastic plates, and you must remember to pick up your plastic silverware. Even my beer came in a plastic mug.

The food was decent...enchiladas, rice, and beans. But it would have been much better with a real fork, a china plate, an iced glass mug, and table service. My opinion is that Temecula's tourists are looking for a more service-oriented meal, and can afford the extra cost that those things would incur. A quick lunch in a small taqueria is another matter, but not a dinner experience on one's weekend getaway.

I should have walked out without ordering.....and I didn't...but now you can choose according to your own desires.

2  Thank ViajeroCraig

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Good simple food, served fresh and warm. Love the Tortillas. We always take the leftovers for our wine tasting adventures.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

Food was good but my taco was fried. This is not my cup of tea but it was kind of like a taco salad shell on my taco. However very tasty. Indoor and outdoor seating available. Small bar also.

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

This was a "hunger stop" - we just walked up to the counter and ordered. Food was ready in about 7 minutes. Beer and wine available. I had a burrito and while it was a bit dry - it was filling.

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

I haven't been in Rosa's for awhile. I LOVED it!! The food is wonderful & a much better price then other Mexican Food restaurants in Temecula. I have lived in Temecula for over 30 years & appreciate Restaurants that only got better, not worse with sky high prices. Try this Rosa's on Front Street, then shop & walk your meal off.

Been to Rosa's Cantina? Share your experiences!