“Stopped by”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I am very sad to say this were some of the worst tacos I have ever had. I used to eat here about 8 years ago and this was the only good Mexican food place in Temecula; so sorry is no longer the best and 4.50 per Taco ? I make better turkey tacos and a lot tastier.....shame

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Great value, good food. Excellent staff. Parking is super difficult. Washrooms have long lines. Outdoor patio is nice.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Great little sit down restaurant in old townTemecula. A favorite of the locals. A fun place to have great food. Fresh, tasty ingredients served hot! What more could you ask for!

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Rosa's cantina feels like a fast food restaurant when you walk in but the quality of the food makes up for that. We were there for Taco Tuesday on our most recent visit and it is an extremely good deal. Not a fine dining place but if you are looking for authentic Mexican food Rosa's is the place to go.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

Temecula is a tourist town, at least in part. The old town has delightful buildings and shops. I was looking forward to a nice dinner, followed by a stroll down Front St.

I should have turned around and left the restaurant, but I was hungry, and I like Mexican food. The area is large, with many tables in several different areas. No waitress came to greet me with a menu. After a while, I went in search, only to find that I was supposed to order my own food at the counter. I did, and after a short wait, my name was called. The food comes on plastic plates, and you must remember to pick up your plastic silverware. Even my beer came in a plastic mug.

The food was decent...enchiladas, rice, and beans. But it would have been much better with a real fork, a china plate, an iced glass mug, and table service. My opinion is that Temecula's tourists are looking for a more service-oriented meal, and can afford the extra cost that those things would incur. A quick lunch in a small taqueria is another matter, but not a dinner experience on one's weekend getaway.

I should have walked out without ordering.....and I didn't...but now you can choose according to your own desires.

2  Thank ViajeroCraig

Been to Rosa's Cantina? Share your experiences!