“Just ok”

Old Town Pub & Grub
Ranked #109 of 458 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

This place is way overpriced for the lack of service, watered down drinks and atmosphere. To me it feels and looks unclean, old and dingy, and the menus are sticky, ewwwww!!! According to a sign hanging outside said under new management, but I don't believe it because it hadn't changed from when I went there with friends one year ago.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

There is an abundance of eateries in Old Town so I thought I would give this once a try. The bar tender was friendly and said he would make coffee for me. That is service. The Philly cheese steak was greasy but, when is it not. The peppers and onions were freshly cooked. The meat is as meat is. The accompanying fries were worth the calories. This place is big with an eating area on the street which is great to people watch and spot the classic cars. I found the staff here to be more than polite and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and this is a bar ! Would I come back for the food? Only if I wanted quick pub food. From the service aspect you could not do better.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

I am completely flabbergasted by the unprofessional manager I dealt with last night. It was my first time there and I will never return.

My friend and I arrived shortly after 9 pm to wait for her other two friends to arrive. We intended to celebrate the birthday of one of them. These two are(were) regulars at this establishment. Upon arrival I asked the bartender if the kitchen was still open so I could order some food. He informed me that the kitchen had just closed but I could grab some food at a restaurant and eat it there. I ordered a pizza to be delivered.

Once the pizza arrived the manager(I didn't realize he was a manager) came over and very brusquely barked at me , " you can't eat that here!" I replied to him that the bartender had told me that I could order it. He said, "I don't care you can't get it here, not tonight. " to which I responded that I would put the pizza away underneath my purse. He went about his business.

The two people we had been waiting for arrived and we ordered a second round of drinks. I asked the bartender again about their outside food policy and he told me people do it all the time and it was fine to bring food. The two regulars also told me they saw people bring food in after the kitchen closed all of the time. I decided to sneak a small bite of my pizza and then put it away again.

A few minutes later a bouncer came up and told me that the manager wanted my friend and I to leave because of the pizza. I told him I'd get rid if it and he seemed satisfied. I threw my entire brand new pizza into the trash so that we could remain and celebrate the birthday we came for.

Ten minutes later the bouncer came back and told me the manager didn't care that I threw the pizza out, and that my friend and I still had to leave because we had "attitude"(mind you, the only thing I had said to him before was to explain that the bartender had told me it was ok, and I said it respectfully).

We left and took the two regulars with us and they will not be returning. They will vouch for me that this whole situation was incredibly poorly handled by the manager and there was no reason we should have been treated that way.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

My son and I arrived in town to do a Balloon ride for my bucket list the next day(Monday). First went to 1909, but that was a little stuffy for our taste, after We went to the Pub and grub, We did get there late 9:15 and the kitchen just closed. But we did have a few drinks and there was karaoke going on! The people there was so fun and friendly we had a great time singing along. Would defiantly go back if in town again and try dinner.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This is a must stop! The beer is cold, the food is great, and the people watching is awesome. You can sit at the indoor/outdoor bar and watch vintage cars go by and a game at the same time.