“"The perfect home away from home"”
other travellers have booked this property
Easy approach. Room for a full size truck in the garage.
Flat drive, access to the garage. Winter morning.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Easy approach. Room for a full size truck in the garage.
Flat drive, access to the garage.
Winter morning.
Plenty of parking.
Sunny west facing deck for outdoor dining and rest. (Important for cool mountain afternoons)
Spacious deck and grill.
Wood stove in the living room.
Well appointed kitchen. Great for a quick bite or a full meal.
Eating bar keeps conversation (and cooking) flowing.
Light, airy dining area.
Spacious living room, Chalet ceilings.
Comfy leather livingroom furnishings.
Guest room, King bed.
Master suite--King bed
Kayaking, SUP, Paddle Boats, Swimming Beach at the Beach Club Marina.
Championship Golf Course
Miles of interconnected Mountain Bike trails. TD borders the Tahoe National Forrest.
Mountain Biking Hawk's Peak
Full fittness center at Trout Creek Rec Center
New Adventure Center--X-Country in winter, Mountain Biking, Equestrian center in Summer.
TD X-Country--second largest on the West Coast.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
mythay
Rohnert Park, California
“"The perfect home away from home"”
Reviewed 17 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

If you're looking for a vacation rental that's family-friendly, warm, cozy and immaculately clean with a vintage feel to it (vintage skis & posters adorn the walls) -- this is the place for you! The location was perfect for us...the kids went sledding every day in the back of the house & we're close to the ski resorts.

We had 5 adults and 3 kids with us and felt this house had plenty of space to relax and hang out (as well as enough beds for all of us.) We enjoyed the comfortable king beds and the kids loved the queen & bunk beds in their room. Also, the beds felt like they were brand new!

Since I love to cook at home, I have very high standards when it comes to kitchen ware. Needless to say, St. John's Rest didn't disappoint -- all the knives were sharp, everything neatly organize and placed where they "should" be. It took a second to find what I needed...the kitchen is well equipped. No need to pack anything extra from your own kitchen.

Lastly, the biggest plus to renting St. John's Rest home is "working" with the homeowner Ed. He was quick to respond to all my inquiries and by the end of the trip made me feel comfortable enough to call or text him with any issues. I felt like I made a new friend...although I've never met Ed in person, I can honestly say from the bottom of my heart, Ed is genuinely kind & sincere and made us feel welcomed in his home.

I highly recommend this rental to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Truckee. This place and the homeowner deserves more than the 5-star rating that's allowed. There's no doubt I'll be looking to rent from Ed again. What a great experience! Thanks for the hospitality.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
18 Jan 2017
Thank you so much for your kind words. It means the world to Julie and I to know that you enjoyed our home. You were a great guest and we'd love to have you back anytime. Still lots of snow this year!
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great house, great location”
Reviewed 23 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

The house was wonderful - well-appointed, spotless, family-friendly, and with great amenities - and in a highly convenient location. Access to the facilities at Tahoe Donner was a major bonus. In addition, the landlord Ed was a pleasure to work with. All in all, this is a great vacation rental that will be at the top of my list the next time my family and I come to the Donner / Truckee / North Tahoe area.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
23 Dec 2016
So glad you had a good time! Hope you can make it up again soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing