“High turnover of staff and management..customer suffers..read on!”
Review of Skinsations Spa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Skinsations Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Spas & Wellness in Tustin
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a luxury Resort-Style Day Spa. We have 14 rooms and have been servicing Orange County for 25 years. We specialize in Clinical Facials, Massages, and Body Treatments. We can accommodate parties up to 10.
Reviewed 28 December 2016

This used to be my go to spa as I'd been a customer for nearly 9 years. Note to anyone that goes here. Don't bother sharing your concerns on how the front office is run as they keep a docket of your comments. I recently booked a spa package, with the day manager, but not after having to speak to "new" staff, totally unknowledgeable, Out of the blue, I was later called back by Director Jeremy, who happens to be one of the "new" staff I spoke to, to inform me that I am no longer welcomed there and my money would be refunded. When I initially called, I first spoke to another rep, who didn't know anything, so she transferred me to Director Jeremy....he didn't adequately explain the packages either and after I spelled my name 3 times to him I asked for the day manager,'s name, which he refused to give me and also did not share that he was the Director when I initially spoke to him. His lack of knowledge of the products and services and his inability to diffuse an upset customer shocks me that he is actually a director, be that as it may, Their loss as I have plenty of friends and I will no longer refer anyone to this spa. They are constantly changing the front office staff and so it's no wonder they don't know what's going on, which frustrates the customers. I called to speak to Leaine, but she never returned my call. As a professional, I expect that when I call a place for services I expect them to know their services, products and to be able to provide direct answers. Beware......as they seem to want to rid themselves of customers rather than find out what the issues are...like fully training their staff.

Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

I love this place, the place is very relaxing. The waiting room where you get a foot soak is dimly lit and has comfy chairs to start your relaxation. The massages are always top notch, and they have several styles to choose from. There are snacks, fruit, and infused water for before or after, and a nap room if you just want to crash after the massage.

1  Thank Mark Z
Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

I was given a gift certificate for a hydro bath, massage and facial at Skinsations Spa in Tustin. I chose to have a longer massage and no facial because I was working with my dermatologist on my face. The salon staff was very accommodating about the change. Once you're inside the spa, you forget it's in a little commercial center. While it's not a large spa, it's nicely decorated and feels like a spa experience. You're taken to a private dressing room with lockers, then you sit in a little waiting room with a bowl of warm water (and maybe some fragrant oil). They have a nice selection of herbal teas, nuts and fruit infused water while you wait.
The hydro tub is amazing. It's a half hour of heaven. You have a selection of herbal oil to place on the water. The tub is deep and the hydro jets are positioned perfectly. The jets are not hard and rough but are exactly the right pressure. You can add warm water as needed while you soak for half an hour in the darkened room. It's a lovely and relaxing prelude to your massage. Many times I've thought of going just for the hydro tub.
The massage is nice, the lotions are top quality. If you like, following the massage, you can go to the nap room and relax before leaving. They have the usual showers, hair dryers, etc., to use before you leave.
I've been back a few times and have always had a good experience and the staff was always very pleasant. I hope you enjoy it, too!

1  Thank egdove11
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I went on vacation at the end of June 2014 with my girlfriend to Newport Beach. Along the way I surprised her with a couples massage at Skinsations Spa. I was nervous and worried because I have never set up a Spa day and had no clue as to what I was doing. I called a couple days before and set up a couples massage. When we arrived in the parking lot let me tell you, I got worried because this place did not look like much from the outside! I guess it is that whole never judge a book by it's cover cliché because from the moment we walked in it was wonderful! The reception area had a nice welcoming feel to it with soft music and a water fountain. The receptionist were very helpful and walked us through filling out the first time guest paperwork. Once we were ready, they walked us to the back and from the moment we stepped through the door into the massage area, it felt like we were transformed to a peaceful island. The lighting, music and décor was so relaxing and welcoming. They have free snacks and drinks for you to have at anytime. A makeup and styling area for your lady when she is done and ready to leave. Separate areas for what type of treatments you are getting. It was a first for both of us getting a massage and we loved it. After changing we entered a room and enjoyed hot tea while having a foot soak. After our soaking our massage therapists came and led us to the couples room. They are separate but right next to each other and it has blinds and a window so we could see each other and talk if we liked. We both enjoyed our massage. This Spa is very professional and polite to privacy. They make sure your mid section is covered the entire time. The aroma of lavender was very relaxing during the massage. After the massage you are taken to a nap room with soft cushions and can relax until you want to leave. All in all we both give this place five stars. It was by far a wonderful experience we would both like to have again. I recommend Skinsations for anyone looking for a relaxing and stress free time. When you leave they have a card and thank you note from the therapist along with a gift for you. We will definitely be returning here on our next trip out to the beach!

2  Thank Daniel B
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was overcharged and they would not refund the money, they would only put it as a credit for a future visit. And that wasn't the first time, I was overcharged virtually every time I went there. I asked to speak to the manager or owner, she did not call or answer my email. On top of that, the facial made me break out and the massage left me with a sore shoulder. It doesn't deserve even one star. Don't go there!

4  Thank Marsha L