“Great Food, Great Servers”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #16 of 297 Restaurants in Tustin
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I eat here quite often and am never disappointed. I am a member of the EClub so I get a BOGO Coupon every week. Love the Turkey Dinner, Salmon and Frits and the Berry Waffle for breakfast is great too. The best though is the Choc Chip Bread Pudding.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

They changed the menu and ruined one of our favorite restaurants. They were famous for French onion soup but changed the recipe. Yuck! Even wrote to corporate and The told me they're going in a new direction. Declined their offer for a complimentary gift certificate. No reason to go back.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We stopped going about 4 years ago because the food was so blah. The only thing with any taste was the the basket of brown bread and the muffins. Then we got a 2 for 1 certificate in the mail and decided to try it again. The menu has been upgraded with various dishes and they're very good for a small restaurant chain.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Mimi's is always dependable. There is such a good selection of dishes and at different price levels. I'm a fan of their eggs benedict and have also tried the salmon benedict, which was very good. For lunch, it's usually soup and salad for me just so I can get their absolutely delicious French onion soup.

Be sure to ask for the complimentary bread basket. It's not offered or even hinted at. You have to ask. But it includes their popular carrot raisin bread. I've often taken home a loaf of it. After this last visit, my friend and I took home a 6-pack of their overly large muffins.

My sister especially likes to go to Mimi's in the fall when they offer her breakfast favorite: pumpkin pancakes. They also have my favorite raspberry muffin at that time of year.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

While we often visit the location on 17th St. In Tustin, we don't go as often as we used to. When the menu was altered from a New Orleans flair to evoke French countryside cuisine, the restaurant chain actually lost some of its charm for us. We tend to visit The Crab Cooker and 17th Street Grill across the street more often. All three are close to our home, so we are regulars. All three provide good value menus, with much different offerings.

Obviously Mimi's strength (and weakness) is the consistency of menu throughout the chain.