“Good but inconsistent”

Ranked #18 of 226 Restaurants in Upland
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 August 2017

I've been here 3 times for breakfast on the weekend. The first 2 times the food and service were very good. The second time both were moderate. I'm willing to try it again because I like to support small businesses.

1  Thank Toni C

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped in to this restaurant based on some of the reviews and decided to try breakfast because in their website they said breakfast is served along with brunch. Well this is going to quite true. We were informed that if we wanted breakfast reasonable at 8 to $10 versus crunch also reasonable at $15 but too much food we'd have to wait an extra half hour for our food to come out. They tried to see this at a table by the front door and when there was multiple tables open. Not much room not much but we decided to go elsewhere I would not come back here

Pine Haven Cafe... C, Public Relations Manager at Pine Haven Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

If you order off the menu that your order would take a little time to get to your table. A few reasons why this is:
all our food off the menu is made to order and this takes time, some items are quicker to make and some items a little longer, Sunday is the busiest day for our cafe and this also adds a little extra time to your wait.

We hope that you will give us another try!

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Wow! Pine Haven Cafe is certainly one of those places that if you could give them more than just a 5 star rating, you would!

My husband and I arrived just after they opened at 9AM on a Sunday. Barely even stepping foot inside, we were so warmly greeted and seated by hostess, Sarah. Our server, Kaori, was equally as pleasant as well as the numerous other staff we encountered that morning.

With this being our first visit, Kaori recommended the Sunday brunch. She informed us that they do offer their regular (limited items) menu on Sundays, but the better deal is the brunch. Also, side note- the table beside us attempted to redeem a Yelp Check In Offer for a free pancake, but were informed that they do not do that on Sundays. Which makes sense since their primary focus is their Brunch menu.

Now, to that brunch- HOLY COW! So many wonderfully delicious items to choose from! Not one thing we tried we didn't enjoy. We found everything to be perfectly seasoned and packed with flavor. All was extremely delicious and some honorable mentions to us would be: their eggs benedict (on their HOMEMADE English Muffin), their bread pudding, omelet station, pozole, cheesy hasbrowns and Southwest chicken fritatta. Superb!

Don't let the location of this wonderful cafe gem fool you. They pack a punch with gourmet foods, at more than reasonable prices and exceptional service. We will certainly be returning!

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Just hand the MONTE CRISCO breakfast Sandwich. This is the best I have ever had especially with the home made raspberry preserves. The flavors explode in your mouth and even though it was 2 hours ago I still can't stop thinking about that sandwich.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

If you are looking for a place in the upland area for a good Sunday brunch, look no further… just be sure to bring your appetite! I discovered this gem by doing a search of restaurants that serve a brunch and fellow TA reviewers gave this place high marks. I made a reservation almost 2 months in advance as it was a very special reunion of a few friends from college. One of the owners called me long distance to confirm so I was more than a little disturbed when we arrived and no one knew a thing about my reservation. No worries, however, as they immediately set a table up for us. The buffet is plentiful and changes not only weekly but hourly as new items appeared during out stay. One of their signature items is a hash brown casserole, which is certainly good, but don’t miss the potato hash (?) which is far superior IMHO. There is a carving station with 2 kinds of meat, prime rib w/ horseradish & turkey w/ homemade cranberry sauce as well as an omelet station where you can get an omelet or scramble made to order. The staff is super personable and on a return visit 4 weeks later (definitely worth more than one visit) one of the owners as well as the chef came by our table to chat and make sure everything was to our satisfaction. That second trip yielded a bread pudding that had us all going back for seconds! At only $14.95 (drinks not incl) this is a real bargain for the amount and quality of food served. They have some awesome sounding items available thru the week for lunch, including a STACK of chicken fried chicken and tater tots made from that delish hash brown casserole. My next visit to SoCal will have to include Pine Haven for lunch. BTW, I was tempted to give this place only 4 stars because of the lost reservation which could have been disastrous, but they accommodated us so readily and everything else was just so good that I went with the full 5 stars.

1  Thank fincaran