“Yum!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I could not tell you the number of meals we've eaten at this restaurant, but I can tell you they're mostly breakfast. And I can't find a single thing wrong with the breakfast.

They have sausage links that, if you like them, you really need to try them. They're wonderful. The bacon is also good.

The fried potatoes are tasty and not over done or under done.

The gravy is good, but I'd like to see it with a little more flavor. The biscuits and gravy are good and the biscuits are big.

The eggs are good. The omelettes are good. I personally think the reason the food is good is because it's just old fashion home cooking type food.

You probably can't find anything here that won't be good to eat though some things I think are better.

We've also eaten lunch here occasionally, and it is also good. I think when you go in to the restaurant and you say you have to wait for 15 minutes almost anytime, you know that a lot of people like it. Drive-by, look at the parking lot, see if you can find a space, and go in. You won't regret it.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped here in the middle of a long day of driving. It was just what we needed. After a fifteen minute wait we were shown to a booth and the service never stopped. My coffee cup never went empty and my wife's soda was refilled without her asking. My hamburger came cooked as I requested with plenty of fries and a cup of chili. My wife's salad came with crackers and a biscuit. We left with enough food that we won't need to go out to dinner.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

The Black Oak doesnt open for dinner. We had lunchtime sandwiches there, and morning coffee another day. Very busy place; very popular with seniors in particular. Brisk efficient service. Very good food with extremely large portions.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We went a bit later, right after the rush and it was so good. I had a veggie omelet and it was amazing, they had a bunch of hash browns and the toast was so good. A bit pricey, but so worth it. The menu is really simple, but covers anything you may want.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I can go here and get good grits. Breakfast time is always busy. Plan for 10-15 minute wait. Cute gift shop.