“Good sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2017

We had the sushi buffet. The food was good. You could get sushi from the belt, or have it freshly made for you. Friendly and fast service. The buffet menu included a soup and a small dessert; it would have been nice to have a choice of appetizers and desserts, as Fuji has. Hisui is less crowded than Fuji though, so you can eat without feeling hurried.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

I visit family in Vacaville every year. We save Hisui for special occasions which is what we did on this visit. The person who served us didn't really have good customer service. He was attentive, but I felt like he was put off or being inconvenienced. The food was warm to the side of cold. I had the beef teriyaki. It was gritty.

To me it seems like the service and the food quality has deteriorated over the years. It used to be the best place to go in Vacaville. However, with the newer restaurants at the old Nut Tree area, this place needs to step up their game

1  Thank Neelee
Reviewed 21 February 2017

Sat at the sushi bar. Chinese Sushi Chef from Hong Kong. The rice tasted wrong. The Nori was soggy. The other ingredients didn't taste fresh. I lived in Japan and am an experienced sushi lover, this was disappointing. The rolls were so large in diameter the were difficult to handle and eat The service was great and the decor pleasant.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

We came to celebrate my Birthday, but it was a few days early. I think the Free Birthday Dinner would be fun and worth it. I enjoyed the evening very much. My three family members were less impressed. The restaurant "looks old and tired" and "smells". We went for the Hibachi Dinners, at my request; they are expensive. Our Chef was pleasant, and entertaining. I enjoyed my dinner a great deal. One son did not, one son did, and my husband said it was ok. The grill was cleaned while we were still eating our main meal, and that was not appetizing. I think this would be a good place to go to with a group of friends, or sit with strangers and make new acquaintances. This is a big restaurant, and I have not tried their other Japanese food.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

We go here often when the kids are in town. There is something for everyone here. If you want the show you can have that. If you want the all you can eat sushi boats you can have that. Or sit at a table and order off of the menu. The staff is attentive and service is quick! We never leave hungry, they give you a lot of food!