“Great Steaks”

Cuisines: American
Description: Steakhouse
Description: Steakhouse
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Steer n Stein is a nice clean and friendly atmosphere. The workers are very nice and friendly and the food is always fresh and hot

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We visited this restaurant Thursday evening. We were just ahead of the evening crowd. We were seated promptly, the server arrived to take our drink order and pointed out the evenings specials. We elected to skip appetizers. My wife ordered the shrimp dinner, with mashed potatoes and a garden salad. I ordered a ribeye, vegetable beef soup (soup of the day) and a garden salad. Our drinks arrived as did the salads and my soup. The salads were cold, crisp and delicious. The soup (homemade) had more beef than veggies (it is a steak house after all) but that didn’t detract from it being very tasty.
Our dinners arrived on metal plates (wooden base) the sizzling from each plate was so pronounced people turned to see where the noise was coming from. My wife said her shrimp (6) were hot, crispy and had great flavor. Her potatoes were real covered with great brown gravy. My steak (which covered the entire plate) was prepared exactly as ordered (med-rare) and because it came on the sizzling plate was hot from first bite to last. The ribeye was very tasty, not too much fat or gristle. It actually was better than I anticipated.
The portions were quite generous. After finishing our meals my wife and I were glad we had skipped appetizers because we had no room for dessert. It was a very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

My husband and I Stop in for dinner on our way back from Las Vegas. We only had to wait a few minutes before we were seated. We had the steak and rib dinner with the pink strawberry lemonade. The food was delicious, the services was great! Everything was prepared perfectly. We like the location of the restaurant and the décor inside.

We look forward to dining in again!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

I'm staying at the hotel across the street so I walked to this restaurant. I ordered the bacon wrapped tri-tip medium rare, mashed potatoes, dinner salad, and a beer. The beer and salad were OK, the potatoes were OK, but the steak... The bacon wrapped tri-tip is 2 small steaks, 4 oz each. One was fairly good, one was 100% fat and gristle.

Perhaps I should have sent it back, I didn't. I paid, even tipped the waitress because it wasn't her fault, I walked out and I will never go back. The person on the grill would have seen the cut of meat when handling it and wrapping the bacon, and they still put it on the grill.

Maybe the sandwiches and other stuff is OK, but avoid the steak

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Our favorite steak house in the high desert! We've been coming here for the past 20+ years! Thank you for always creating an atmosphere where we want to come back.