Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Residence InnUS$284
TripadvisorUS$284
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$284
PricelineUS$284
FindHotelUS$284
All reviews home away from home kings canyon front desk staff pandemic housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 May 2021

during move from Visalia to Costa Rica we stayed at this hotel 3 times for a week at a time between March and May 2021. Our April 20th visit the room was dirty, after requesting housekeeping on 2 consecutive days, someone finally came and after a brief cleaning they gave us ONLY 2 bath towels, no small or medium sized towels and the linens were not changed. The hotel employees were very apologetic and helpful. I then spoke to the GM when we checked out and explained the issues and told him it was obvious he has housekeeping issues. We came back evening of May 12th the room again has 2 bath towels no small or medium size towels and the floor in kitchen is sticky. May 13th I told the GM about the towels and the kitchen floor. May 14th after no effort by the hotel I decided to wipe the sticky areas of the floor with a wet towel, no soap of any kind and I was disgusted. Please look at the photos of a 5 minute wipe using a once white towel. Im going to the store to buy lysol and clean the kitchen floor AND BATHROOM myself until we can leave tomorrow. I took the towel to the front desk at about 9:40am and the GM was not available. I explained to the front desk my disgust and left the towel for the GM in a nice little box. 3:30pm I returned to the front desk and the GM was also unavailable. I would suggest if you decide to stay here wear bio hazard suit, never take your shoes off and bring your own sleeping bag. Alternately you can sleep in a park across the freeway with the homeless and wild geese - its likely cleaner. There are several hotels we will move to and start using nearby. A new Holiday Inn Express 1 exit away, Marriott Convention Center downtown, even the Wyndham across the freeway is a better choice.

Room tip: sleep in your car, its cleaner
Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank David S
Jennifer Christensen, Sales at Residence Inn Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2021

We apologize for falling short on meeting not only your expectations but ours as well. Rest assured the feedback you provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team members to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations.

Thank you for providing your feedback.

Best Regards,

Jennifer Christensen

Reviewed 29 April 2021

This Marriott was not following COVID mask requirements set by Marriott. I brought this up and they told me I didn't have to wear a mask if I didn't want to because they simply don't want to upset customers by telling them to wear a mask when they aren't. The customers I mentioned in the email were buying items from the front desk of the hotel, not walking down an empty hallway or something. I don't think I will have an interest in staying at a Marriott again in the near future. Instead I have booked MGM, Intercontinental and Holiday Inn Express for an upcoming 2 week trip.

Date of stay: April 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for letting us know what you observed. We have addressed this with our team to help them covey the protocols in place throughout our hotel.

Reviewed 29 August 2020

Upon check-in, found a used razor on the shower, a pair of socks in the closet, and a countertop full of dirt. Staff was quick to fix the problem, but it does not inspire much confidence that the hotel is doing its part in keeping the rooms clean in the midst of the COVID pandemic. The staff at the hotel was courteous and the room layout was spacious with very comfortable beds.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank Flmuniz
Reviewed 3 August 2020

For all of the hurrah about being safe (from COVID infections) two of the desk clerks (both young women) refused to wear their masks, even after being told that I was immunologically impaired. The young man who was working the other desk did wear his mask. Management slack on this; made me wonder about the other "precautions" that were being taken.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank Michael60928
Reviewed 29 July 2020

Positives: Newer property and willing, friendly staff. Clean room.
Negative: Management decisions. COVID is not a time to expect much from this property due to trash pickup and any servicing being minimal (every 2nd to 3rd day is what is announced), to go breakfast is severely limited in quality/quantity despite higher price point, and no mixer drink to go in the evenings. I had to wait for a manger to help me with my folio upon check out (which is fine), but later on realized the manager chose to begin her interview with a client instead after dialogue with the front desk attendant.

2.5 stars but I always round up, even though it feels hard to do so in this instance (which is rare).

Date of stay: July 2020