“A surendipitous discovery!”

Rosa's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 295 Restaurants in Visalia
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 7 July 2017

At a funeral and asked a resident of Visalia for a recommendation. He recommended Rosa's for Italian food and we were not disappointed. Had a delicious dinner including the waiter's recommendation, Penne a la Rosa and Salmon Picata.The food was very good, loved the atmosphere and wine list. If we ever come back to Visalia will definitely dine at Rosa's!

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Fresh hot baked bread brought to the table immediately! Had to make myself stop eating it as it was so good.
I had the penne Forna. Wow! DELICIOUS! The sauce was a robust tomato that was the best I've ever had in a restaurant. My hubby had the penne a la Rosa. It was very good also.
The hostess, Brittany came by and asked how we liked everything. After our meal we stopped and talked to her. She was sooo bubbly, friendly and had a beautiful smile. Quite an asset to the business! Turns out, the owners are Italian! No wonder it was awesome!
PLUS- we received a Military discount!

Reviewed 19 April 2017

My boyfriend has been here a few times many years ago and recommended we eat here. We came on a Sunday afternoon, the first thing I noticed was the weird smell in the restaurant. It smelt like old seafood that had been lying out all day, it was not pleasant at all.

We got sat right away, the restaurant seemed to be a little empty. Our server was very friendly and he was always on top of checking on us.

The prices were a bit on the pricey side and to add a side salad it was an additional $4.00 so I opted not to get one since everything on the menu was pretty pricey. For two pasta dishes and one ice tea it came out to $33.00.

My boyfriend got the Ravioli dish and I got the Rigatoni Arrabbiata . My boyfriend said his Raviolis weren't that great and a little cold. My dish was actually really good, I loved the sauce that came on my dish! I love spicy food so this was perfect, our meal came out really fast so I was a little skeptical at first but my pasta did not disappoint!

Not sure if we will be back because of the weird smell in the restaurant and the high prices.

I would of given more stars but the smell in the restaurant was just too much, we just wanted to hurry up and get out of there because it smelt so bad.

1  Thank Maacah O
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Excellent food and service, Owner almost always there to greet you and make you feel at home. Good italian food and always a good time

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I work very near this delightful eatery and stop by often for lunch. That this the only meal I have ever eaten there. The bread they bring out is delicious. It is fast and everyone is soooo courteous. I sometimes order meatballs and salad only; however, they have many other dishes to choice from.